Director, Applications (Workshop Director)
Info-Tech Research Group’s members come to us for our advisory services, value added research, and our passion for driving measurable business results. If you are looking to be part of an IT research firm that relentlessly creates innovative advisory products and transformational IT research solutions, we would like to speak with you!
Due to continued growth in our workshop offering, we are expanding our team of talented professionals to support our member base. We offer a high learning, dynamic, and progressive culture focused on evolving the field of information technology. This role is ideal for someone who -
- Excels in Leveraging practical experience to improve client strategies, processes, and project execution.
- Has subject matter expertise in one of more of the following subject areas.
- Strategy and governance; enterprise architecture; data management; enterprise applications; application development.
- Excels in facilitating and engaging cross-functional groups of IT and business professionals via interactive presentations, training and/or workshops.
- Excels in Learning and flexibly communicating IT best practices to meet the needs of diverse organizations, industries, situations, and audiences.
What you will do, includes, but not limited to:
As a Director Workshop Delivery, you will be actively engaged in delivering measurable value to Info-Tech Research Group’s members by utilizing our IT Best Practice methodologies, detailed in our Blueprints, to deliver online or on-site structured 1-week workshops designed to help improve their strategies, processes, and organizational effectiveness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engagement Scoping: Work with clients over the phone to properly scope and formalize the objectives, agenda, deliverables, and overall workshop effort in advance of online or onsite delivery.
- Workshop Delivery: Lead the delivery of four-day workshops, online or onsite, based on Info-Tech’s Best Practice Methodology Blueprints.
- Work with client cross-functional teams to define the scope and outcomes of their IT initiatives / projects, perform capability maturity assessments and gap analyses, and identify member improvement opportunities/recommendations.
- Client Service: Identify client need for continued advisory service and support after the workshop.
- Assist in the development of Statements of Work to formalize the objective, agenda, and deliverables of workshops.
- Commercial Activity: Identify opportunities to provide additional advisory services, workshop, consulting engagements and services to our clients after the workshop.
- Research Support: Transmit new knowledge and lessons learned during workshop interactions to influence and improve the research agenda and content. On occasion, develop client case studies and/or industry research notes.
- Contribute to Info-Tech Research Group research by developing client case studies and/or industry research notes.
- Generate insight and providing expertise to assist with the development of our research content.
To be successful, you will need -
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business, IT, or related discipline. MBA is an asset or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in IT leadership OR consulting roles within medium to large organizations (IT team size between 25 and 100 FTEs).
- Consulting roles within large organizations is a definite advantage.
- Acquired experience in more than one of the following areas:
- Application Development, Application Rationalization Framework, Application Portfolio, Enterprise Application (ERP/HRIS/CRM/ECM) selection and Implementation,
- The ability, flexibility, and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and energetic environment.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, exceptional ability to work well with others.
- Previous experience presenting to a C-Suite audience.
- Certifications in an IT or project management related topic e.g. PMP, COBIT 5, ITIL are considered beneficial.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies, how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
Travel Requirement: This role will involve travel, for on-site engagements. Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time (2 weeks per month) is required.
Visa Requirement: Must be eligible to obtain appropriate work Visa for cross-border work within North America and globally.
Work Hours Requirements: Must be available for after-hours work periodically to service APAC clients.
- Client Interaction and Facilitation; Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients over the phone and particularly through the facilitation of one-week workshops online or in-person with an audience of 5 to 20 clients (mid management to executive management).
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation, interpersonal communication, and collaboration skills.
- Client Advisory and Service Delivery; lead multiple clients through complex projects by providing guidance, critical analysis, and support.
- Insight Generation; built client relationships and established themselves as a trusted advisor in their space
- Proven ability to build rapport, credibility, and trust with clients at all levels and across all disciplines.
- Opportunity Identification and Definition; lead multiple clients through structured working sessions; can facilitate an inclusive discussion in order to meet clear objectives.
- The ability to work independently and remotely for extended periods of time.
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.