Marketing Automation Strategist
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology, and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design, and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Marketing Automation Strategist who will complement our passion for marketing, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Marketing Automation Strategist to join our team!
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of planning and managing impactful, data-driven email marketing and automation programs that drive acquisition, nurture, and convert leads through a defined journey and drive retention across the customer lifecycle.
Full time remote is available nationally (Canada only). For those close to our office in London, ON we have flexible office hours based on training and collaboration needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support marketing efforts across multiple channels, including paid, email, and CRO
- Be a source of excellence and subject matter expertise on email design, customer journeys, compliance, and strategic best practices and tactics
- Translate business and marketing challenges into well-architected solutions
- Support end-to-end solution design and lead technical implementations of Salesforce Marketing Cloud for clients
- Build, test, and maintain email templates, landing pages, data workflows, and email automations using HTML, CSS, template scripting, SQL, and other languages or platforms for automated marketing campaigns
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and develop plans for optimal customer journeys including A/B testing, segmentation, and personalization strategies
- Interpret data to identify triggers and behaviours in both leads and customers to form strategies for future campaigns
- Write queries to create segments that support marketing initiatives to drive lifecycle marketing growth
- Analyze, report on, and improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Develop and lead the implementation of continuous improvement to processes, alongside internal stakeholders
- Provide training and documentation to support internal knowledge sharing
Knowledge, Education, and Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing with a strong knowledge of email marketing
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing automation experience
- Must have experience with HTML, XML, SQL, Java, SOAP and REST-based web services
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience required
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certification and Salesforce CRM experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable working remotely
- Comfortable on frequent video conference (daily)
- Access to reliable internet and a comfortable/efficient workspace
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position