Join our Winning Team as a Data Mapping Specialist
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
Job Description – Data Mapping Specialist
As a Data Mapping Specialist, you will work with the Data Services and Data Technologies teams to build a new product. You will work collaboratively with other data mappers to interpret and convert the necessary data points to CARFAX’s products including service data to the vehicle history report (VHR). This position will increase data integrity and protect consumers and dealers when buying and selling cars.
As a Data Mapping Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Map service and repair data to improve decoding rates for increased accuracy on the VHR.
- Investigate and resolve unmatched or ignored source data.
- Audit and approve mappings. Provide and update new mapping taxonomy when needed.
- Conduct car service related research when needed.
- Create and maintain mapping rules.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Explain findings at an executive or granular level depending on the stakeholder.
- Adhere to the documented best practices and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Data entry skills.
- Sound time management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Experience working with data receipt and analysis a plus.
- Automotive industry experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.