This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Account Manager provides the highest level of customer service to clients. To perform the duties as a n Account Manager in the Sales and Service Team and account onboarding experience for all Buckland Services.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Client servicing: includes visits and/or meetings with customers and reporting of any issues to Director of Client Services
- Set goals for each call i.e. introduce new products, find out what is happening with our clients, i.e. changes in business activities, changes with contact (personal details), find out how we can better service the customer and up sell additional Buckland services
- For each service call prepare a pre-call analysis coordinating with all departments to identify problems, opportunities etc.
- Analyze information provided by the client and determine where we might improve our level of service
- Create a post call report recapping events of the call, determine if goals for the call were met and plan of actions on follow up
- Establish strong relationship with key customer personnel
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of customers’ business activities, history, brokerage & logistic rates.
- Handling of queries in a prioritized, professional and efficient manner
- Liaise with other company departments to build a solid relationship creating a constant flow of information
- Stay current with Industry news and regulatory changes.
- Assess new business opportunities
- New account management; Oversea TAP monitoring and follow up account assignment
- Oversee the transition of Corporate accounts from the CSA group to the Operations Departments
- Prepare, Perform and Co-Ordinate Customs 101 for clients
- Other duties and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will bring:
- CSCB Customs Certified Specialist Designation and/or Licensed Customs Broker
- 5+ years’ experience within the brokerage industry
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and a networked environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed to meet planned objective by effective scheduling and time management
- Reliable, positive, and a self-motivated team player
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to travel internationally
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada, USA and Mexico
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.