AVP, Head of Development and Operations
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an AVP, Development and Operations
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Our Lifeco Corporate Technology group is looking to hire an Assistant Vice-President, Development and Operations who will report to the Vice President and CIO - Lifeco Corporate Technology. This role is responsible for a diverse team of IT professionals responsible for application development and production operations of a large portfolio on premise and cloud based applications.
The AVP, Head of Development and Operations works closely with Business, Delivery and regional Infrastructure & Operations to teams to ensure reliable delivery of IT services. The AVP contributes to the success of the organization by maintaining a balanced approach to IT risk management and ensuring teams are focused on work that unlocks the largest aggregate value for the organization.
What you will do:
- Lead a diverse team of IT professionals that are responsible for development and production operations of a large portfolio of applications and technologies
- Lead a strategic long-term vision of technology and operations that are responsive to changing business priorities and conditions
- Drive business and technology innovation through proactive adoption of emerging technologies and operating models
- Ensuring the efficient and effective use of financial and people resources and the ongoing continuity of expertise to support technology delivery and operations
- Ensure leaders, employees and vendors work together to drive performance and that high expectations are delivered within the values of the organization.
- Be a visible change agent, a champion of diversity, equity & inclusion, and a trusted advisor.
- Drive effective collaboration between cross functional and geographically diverse teams
- Attract, recruit, retain and motivate a team of high skilled professionals, ensure talent embraces current and emerging technologies.
- Ensure succession and retention plans are developed and executed on.
What you will bring:
- You will have demonstrated a high level of innovation, the ability to utilize and implement best practices, as well as creating new ways of working that ensure reliable development and operations.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing a development and operations teams that are responsible for a diverse technology stack of on premise and cloud-based applications.
- Specialized Knowledge/Experience with cloud, modern architectures, analytics, Dev Ops, and sound financial knowledge and knows how to apply to a Technology area.
- Experience working in a large, complex enterprise organization with geographically dispersed teams.
- Computer Science, Management or Engineering degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work through change management as well as the rolling out new ways of working.
- Finding the right balance managing risk and driving change.
- Budgeting and financial management consistent with Technology Business Management (TBM).
- Implementation of new tools, methodologies, techniques and principles, that will increase effectiveness, staff productivity and customer experience.
- Attracting, retaining and developing employees in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Due to high regulations in our industry the individual must be able to navigate these appropriate and collaborate and work with the appropriate experts in these areas.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job online