Decision Support Analyst - Decision Support
Department Name: Decision Support
The Decision Support Analyst will work with the Portfolio Leaders and Clinical and Financial Teams to provide support, act as a resource and provide education around clinical, CIHI, statistical, MIS guidelines information and MOHLTC/CCO reporting.
Leveraging knowledge of hospital data/information systems, the Decision Support Analyst will also extract, translate, relate, and analyze data to deliver information products to a diverse customer base (i.e., from the data warehouse to formal ‘easy-to-understand’ reports). Individuals in this position will provide preliminary analysis that may include providing a written summary with recommendations. The Decision Support Analyst must be able to test hypothesis, build “what-if”/predication models using available information and Microsoft Office software tools.
Status: Regular Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $37.35 per hour - $46.69 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Successful Completion of an Undergraduate degree in Health Informatics, Statistics, Business, Computer Sciences or Mathematics is required
- Minimum 2.5 years of recent related experience is required
- Demonstrated advanced ability to synthesize innovative approaches to data analysis, interpretation and communication
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of and commitment to define information and analysis needs of hospital leaders, physicians, Ministry officials and researchers
- Demonstrated proficiency in presentation skills
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ministry of Health hospital reporting requirements and standards (e.g., MIS, OHRS, OCDM, T/B,)
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of data reporting and Business Intelligence tools (eg. SRRS)
- Demonstrated excellence in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of Health Sector data holdings CIHI databases, MOHLTC, Statistic Canada, ICES, etc.
- Demonstrated advanced level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated advanced ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step) and COVID vaccine series.
- For more information visit https://www.lhsc.on.ca/careers/health-review-requirements
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.