Product Manager - Computer Hardware
StarTech.com is looking for an experienced Product Manager to add to the Product Management team.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for the performance of their assigned computer hardware product line with the goal of driving revenue and margin. They will drive the physical product level launch process working with cross functional teams to execute on all related deliverables (product information / content, packaging, marketing, forecasting, pricing) for both domestic and international markets. This role requires those with a background in or strong aptitude for hardware technology and connectivity products.
Flexible working arrangements can be provided to candidates outside of the immediate London, ON area.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this position you will:
- Develop and maintain the Product Roadmap in alignment with the Category Strategy targeting current and future customer and market needs.
- Drive the product level launch process leading cross functional teams to execute on all related deliverables (product information / content, packaging, marketing, forecasting, pricing) for both domestic and international markets.
- Contribute to P&L performance of assigned Categories directly and in consultation with other stakeholders, by ensuring effective Product Development, Positioning, Information, Pricing, Demand Forecasting and Lifecycle Management.
- Conduct regular category meetings to ensure full alignment with Core teams (Product Management, Product Development, Product Information, Customer Service, Marketing and Sales) on the objectives, strategies and tactics as laid out in the Category Strategy.
- Manage product lifecycle and product information strategy from a technical, quality, performance, and market differentiation perspective.
- Keep up to date on global IT technology and market trends in order to support the product life cycle and growing lines and revenue with new product introductions
- Assist vendor management and development teams with vendor engagement identifying opportunities to maximize P&L performance aligning to the Category Strategy.
- Represent StarTech.com at trade shows and customer visits related to assigned product portfolios as assigned.
What you can show us:
- College / University Diploma or Degree in Business, Marketing or a Technology related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of physical Product Management experience, preferably in the Computer Hardware and Connectivity Products taking ideas from concept to launch.
- Deep understanding and interest in IT technology trends, as well as strong business acumen and overall understanding and knowledge of the global marketplace.
- Demonstrated strong research, forecasting and analytical skills tied to technology and trends is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel is required (v-lookups, pivot tables) as well as familiarity with PowerPoint, experience with Power BI is an asset.
- Experience with Project Management and leading teams is a strong preference.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to different functional areas.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time with a valid Passport.
How to Apply
Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
StarTech.com is able to provide accommodation to job applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, please advise in your cover letter.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Our channel partners, proprietary web resources, and friendly, professional and responsive employees ensure the IT professional gets the product they need.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we are a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We operate in 16 countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe, the UK and APAC. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously.
By conquering new markets and creating diverse career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community. It all adds up to a good life.
What’s more, StarTech.com has been recognized as a “50 Best Managed Company” in Canada, one of Canada’s “50 Best Small & Medium Employers”, one of the top 500 fastest growing Canadian companies on the Profit 500 list and has been an honoree on the INC 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the United States for nine years.
StarTech.com has grown globally from $45M in 2011 to its current revenue of over $180M. It continues with double digit year-over-year growth. StarTech.com knows its business is to understand its customer. The company’s commitment to understanding its customer has not only informed its day-to-day operations, but it continues to serve as the foundational component of its corporate strategy.
Check out our Linked In page and become a follower so we can stay connected!