Teams Support Specialist
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Telephony (Teams) Support Specialist
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
The Telephony (Microsoft Teams) Support Specialist provide technical support to our end-users and perform day-to-day operations related to administrating Microsoft Teams and other legacy telephony systems.
Voice Services is responsible for providing operations and technical support services to meet the service requirements of the business for Canada Life. Voice Services ensures the telephony and meeting room, infrastructure and applications are available and operating to specified/planned levels of performance and support. That includes problem assistance and resolution through the Service Desk and Second Level Technical Support; operation and management of telephony, and meeting room infrastructure; technical support; service delivery and coordination; and, ongoing, technology training to our business partners.
What you will do
Telephony Technical Support:
- Provides 7x24x365 Telephony incident support on a rotational basis to ensure availability of all telephony systems. For more complex problems a Telephony Infrastructure Specialist will be engaged for assistance when required.
- Performs telephony installs, adds, moves, and changes, ensuring these are handled efficiently and effectively in accordance with departmental Service Level goals
- Consults with I.S. Financial Management (ISFM) and Regional Office Administrators to ensure accurate cost centres are defined for charges
- Reviews invoices to ensure accuracy and that they are aligned to appropriate regional offices
- Responds to, and resolves incidents and problems; researches and documents problems, along with recommended/implemented solutions – this involves monitoring Voice Services queues then either doing/recommending appropriate repairs
- Adheres to IS Change Management processes
- Participates in CAB meetings to assess risks on change or new infrastructure implementation.
- Communicates / escalates problems to appropriate I.S./business leaders, as required
- Monitors and reviews systems – taking corrective actions/escalating issues with recommendations as required
- Adheres to corporate Security and Risk policies, maintains up-to-date knowledge of current policies, and pro-actively takes action to ensure policies are being followed.
- Maintains system administrator level knowledge and skills to work effectively on various Telephony platforms
Telephony Project Support:
- Supports Telephony projects providing details on existing configurations, users, etc. to facilitate transition to replacement systems.
- Consults and recommends appropriate telephony solutions for less complex environments, including size of hardware and type of software and appropriate network facilities for head office and regional offices. Work is reviewed by Team Lead, Voice Technology.
- Works with LOB’s to determine business cases related to less complex telephony needs - this would involve researching costs, identifying risks and impacts, then presenting to appropriate I.S. and business leaders; Work is reviewed by Team Lead, Voice Technology.
- Supports business (cost centre) leaders in budget preparations by providing detailed telephony costs based on staffing models and equipment (hardware/software) needs
- Designs and implements voice applications and call-flows to meet business needs
- Conducts project-based work on new technology under the guidance of Telephony Infrastructure Specialist. This could involve working as part of a project team to research and implement new telephony hardware/software solutions.
What you will bring
- Education/skills acquired at post-secondary level or equivalent e.g. one year Community College certificate
- One to two years, and up to, and including, four years experience in any technical role
- Thorough knowledge of telephony systems
- Microsoft Teams Administration (related certifications are a plus)
- Microsoft Teams Calling Plans to enable PSTN capabilities for Teams
- Knowledge of networks
- Knowledge of developing and documenting business cases
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with a wide variety of vendorsDdemonstrated experience in supporting projects
- Working knowledge of I.S. environments, and end user tools
- Strong client service orientation
- Some negotiation skills
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.?
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted?
Apply for this job online