This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 23, 2022
Senior UX/UI Designer (Remote)
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re on the hunt for a talented and creative Senior UX/UI Designer to join the team! Working as part of our Product Management team, the Sr UX/UI Designer will be responsible for producing top notch User Design for our two flagship games, YoWorld and FishWorld. Through your work, you will ensure that our games remain fun for our fans in the long term, while keeping a seamless and interactive UX approach in mind! This position is offered 100% remotely.
When applying, don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio!
- Design intuitive UX/UI and help guide the direction of BVG’s products to driver player & business success
- Evaluate designs and create original high-quality UX/UI
- Work collaboratively with Product/Design Leaders to shape and deliver the end-to-end player journey
- Distill quantitative and qualitative research, competitive analysis, and feedback into user centered and relevant design goals
- Employ user-centered design practices to deliver extraordinary interactive game experiences
- Prototype representative models of a product or features to allow testing to get player feedback, assist with development decisions, and mitigate risks. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes
- Promote usability and accessibility and help our team empathize with our players
The Must Haves
The Nice to Haves
- 4+ years experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer, or Interaction Designer
- An excellent eye for visual design
- Have a broad UX design toolkit for all stages of development
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, XD, Framer, Invision, or equivalent industry-standard prototyping software
- A demonstrated mastery of UX principles, user-centered design, and design systems
- A passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
- Previous design experience from the Gaming (or adjacent) industry
Becoming a Viking
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.