People & Culture Generalist
Headquartered in London, Ontario, Northern is an integrated digital solutions agency helping brands across North America to navigate digital transformation. Our solutions help brands grow by optimizing their digital customer journey. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design, and improving digital experiences.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly organized People & Culture Generalist. As a Generalist, you will be the first point of contact for employee relations matters, lead the HRIS system (BambooHR) and support the performance management functions. You have the ability to support the Northern team with everyday questions while also being able to manage P&C programs and processes. You will work in a fast-paced environment alongside an incredible team!
Benefits to Becoming a Northerner
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing:
- Robust Benefits plan, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness Program & LifeWorks EAP
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Vet Care Program
- RRSP Matching
- Profit-Sharing Performance Bonuses
- Endless Professional Growth Opportunities
- Delicious Meals & Company Social Events
- Free Onsite Parking
- Referral Bonus Program
- Flexible work environment - so you can work where & when you work best
- Allowance to help set up home office
- Tremendous growth potential!
Just to name a few!...
- Primary ownership for the administration and ongoing maintenance of Northern’s HRIS (BambooHR)
- Provides timely and efficient responses to day-to-day employee inquiries
- Prepares and distributes company-wide communications related to new policies and procedures, Health & Safety, and other P&C communications as required
- Responsible for supporting and monitoring safety and wellness programs
- Oversees and manages the administration of Northern’s accommodation, leave of absence and return to work programs
- Supports the development and implementation of P&C policies, programs, and procedures
- Provides advice and assistance to employees and managers on P&C policies, programs, and procedures
- Supports the Director of People & Culture in implementing talent management programs and special projects
- Manages the employee onboarding and offboarding checklist, including relevant departure notifications and exit interviews
- Acts as an ambassador for Northern’s values and culture
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Successful completion of a University or College degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Organizational Development, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in HR
- CHRP designation or in progress an asset
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety and other employment legislation of Ontario
- Experience working with an HR information system; experience with BambooHR considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Previous agency experience is a bonus!
Since its founding in 2015, Northern has grown to nearly 200 employees, helping leading brands across North America navigate digital transformation.
Northern is positioned as a leader in the performance advertising industry as a Facebook Marketing Partner and Google Premier Partner —awarded to only 3% of agency partners in Canada. Our campaigns with leading brands in North America have been recognized as best in class through the Google Premier Partner Awards, Search Engine Land Awards, and the Canadian Search Awards.
Northern’s continued growth, strengthened by our strong company culture, has led to multiple recognitions by Great Place to Work® Canada including Best Workplaces™ in Canada, Ontario, for Women, for Hybrid Work, and more.
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position