Sr Global Escalation Manager
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
The Principal Escalation Engineer is responsible for providing end to end technical mastery and situational leadership to Customers and internal Diebold Nixdorf stakeholders. Clear documentation of issues, diagnostic & resolution plans, customer & stakeholder communication, are maintained at all times for issues managed by the Principal Escalation Engineer. The Principal Escalation Engineer is responsible for leading, planning, and managing the resolution of escalated incidents and problems raised by the customer, account management, professional services or Maintenance & Support. Exemplifying our corporate values of Accountability, Decisiveness, Willingness to Change, Sense of Urgency, and Collaboration, at all times,, ensuring the correct people are working on the issue, establishing contingency plans and delivering constant communication to Management & Customers.
You are responsible for:
- Maintaining a close working relationship with Diebold Nixdorf stakeholders such as Sales, Sales Engineering, & Product Development
- Demonstrate extreme levels of accountability and are results driven
- Foster teamwork and collaboration by communicating genuinely and openly, taking initiative and calculated risks and delivering successful, quick results while maintaining quality and integrity
- Analysis and triage of escalations to narrow down problem and resolve
- Creates and monitors a bug fix delivery plan for SW components in order to have a basis to measure progress and performance of the development tasks
- Utilizes standard DN solution elements and development procedures and develops new re-usable solution elements if required.
- Conducts code reviews and troubleshoots problems for other developers.
- Ensures the functionality of components and systems in line with industry standard and SW guidelines.
- Defines unit test requirements for implemented components and verifies unit tests of lower level development engineers.
- Ensures appropriate, comprehensive and timely reporting of Root Cause Analysis and opportunities for improvement (to avoid future problems)
- Represents specific domain know how and organizes local best practice sharing and learning.
- Signals needs for improved development and test methods and drives local implementation
- Identifies opportunities for improvement across software development. Creates and drives these initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or equivalent post-secondary education
- A minimum 8 years internal and/or related development experience
- Strong understanding of coding languages and tools including but not limited to C++, XML, C# .NET, HTML5, CSS, Web Technologies (i.e. React, Angular)
- Solid software engineering foundation with deep skills in Object Oriented Development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication with the project clients (may be internal or external)
- Hardworking, self-motivated, and passion for keeping current with relevant technology advancements.
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to non-technical customers and DN associates.
- Inspired by having to think outside the box and work with your fellow team members to find solutions to problems
- A team player who adapts quickly to ever-changing environments. Maintain professional and collaborative demeanor.
- Leadership skills and ability to coach and mentor team members
- Experience in computer system architecture, communication protocols, event driven systems, object oriented design and software system component integration and IT integration and services
- Experience with customer focused behavior, consultancy and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and interest in customer contact
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Mastery resolving critical enterprise level issues to the Customer’s satisfaction
- Ability to maintain technical mastery for all Diebold Nixdorf products
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Ability to work with a level of high ambiguity
- Proven work experience as a Technical account or escalation manager