Robotics & Controls Developer
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What would a typical day be like?
As a Robotics & Controls Developer, you will:
- Develop code for a variety of automation equipment such as PLCs, HMIs, Industrial Robots, Vision Systems and more
- Provide expertise in the early stages of the project life cycle in order to provide technical guidance
- Work with other members of the Controls team to evolve standards and programming best practices
- Verify offline code using emulators and/or real-world equipment to ensure code is error-free
- Perform robot simulations in order to analyze reach, cycle times, and process interdependencies
- Support writing of operator manuals in order to smoothly transition knowledge to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with debugging and hands-on troubleshooting of automation equipment in JMP’s facility
- Travel to customer sites to perform reviews for new customers and/or upgrades for existing customers. Travel requirements are expected to be up to 10% of your time, and usually last approximately 1 week.
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Intermediate/Senior skill level with Fanuc/ABB robots, Rockwell/AB controls, FactoryTalk View HMIs, and Cognex/Keyence vision systems
- Track record of delivering successful projects on time, on budget, while satisfying customers
- Relentless pursuit of learning and growth in the world of industrial automation
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence change and set direction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, etc.) or similar College program
How could you boost your application?
- Diligent attention to detail, ability to think through unique and potentially abstract project constraints
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risk
- A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions
- Experience with robotic line tracking and palletizing applications
- Strong Excel skills, particularly VBA
Who would you work with?
Our team consists of passionate professionals, technicians, and leaders who want you to succeed and contribute to the growth and efficiency of JMP’s Automation & Robotics Division.
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.