Sales Development Representative
Why We’re Looking
We are looking for a multi-skilled and passionate Sales Development Representative (SDR) who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work hard to help grow the business at this exciting time of growth in our startup journey. If this sounds like you, please read on!
At interVal, we have created the first interactive business valuation software, analyzing financial data in seconds to deliver real value in real time. We provide business owners and financial institutions instant analysis on financial data, allowing for data-driven decisions to guide the future of the business. Our growing business is building technology to change the way our industry works, and we’re focused on iterating on new ideas and better ways to serve our clients. Our days typically involve close collaboration in our (currently) remote team environment, fun team chats, and lots (and lots) of coffee.
Who We Are
interVal began its journey as EKSiT Inc. almost ten years ago, helping business owners prepare for and execute an exit from their business. About three years ago, we explored how creating a custom software could make life easier for everyone – but we were relying on business owners being ready for their exit. In the last year, it’s become obvious to us that there is a big need out there for business owners and their advisors – and what they need is very similar to what we were providing before – but they need it earlier, and much, much faster.
We became interVal because we needed to shift the time of the conversation to a point where the business owner can actually impact the decisions they make with the powerful data that our software provides. The tools we are developing will allow for the real-time tracking of the value of a business, instead of business owners and their advisors using potentially months-old data to make critical business decisions. We are growing, and we are innovating – and we are having lots of fun doing it!
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a passionate and growth-oriented individual to join our team that is looking for an opportunity to establish and develop relationships in the fintech space, leveraging previous experience in business development and sales in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) space.
This position will include the following core responsibilities:
- Researching accounts inside our target addressable market; identifying and mapping key stakeholders within accounts
- Prospecting net-new business opportunities utilizing best practices in outreach and lead generation; generating top-of-funnel opportunities through discovery calls and supporting the sales-cycle to create successful partnerships
- Responding to and nurturing inbound lead interest through the qualification process
- Working with Sales Leadership, Product and Marketing teams to convey feedback on prospect requirements and drive product strategy
- Managing, tracking, and reporting on all activities and results
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and competition
Your Skills and Experience
Even if you don’t have all competencies and experiences below, we would still love to hear from you! We recognize that skills can be transferable, and in our environment of collaboration and diversity, we know that people will grow and evolve.
- University degree (preferred)
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team and start-up environment; team player
- Professional phone presentation, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Passion for learning and working with the latest technologies and industry trends
- Proficient in using Salesforce, LinkedIn, and other leading sales automation tools
- 1-2 years of experience exceeding quota in sales development, lead generation and/or sales at a SaaS or Cloud company
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Passion for closing deals using complex market research and focus on continued learning and improvement
- Experience in prospecting and selling into financial and insurance verticals (preferred)
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
interVal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. If you require accommodation for any part of the hiring process, we will make any reasonable adjustments that are required to enable you to be considered for the position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.