Director, Vendor Contract & Cost Optimization Research
Are you experienced in managing Microsoft and major vendor contracts & cost optimization? Are you compelled to help others ensure they secure the best possible contracts and pricing from current and potential vendors? If so, you could be Info-Tech’s next Director on the Vendor Contract & Cost Optimization Research & Advisory team.
The Director, Vendor Contract & Cost Optimization Research, creates and delivers client-driven, project-based, practical research and advisory that helps IT leaders drive measurable results in their organizations. They are responsible for research projects and advisory operations primarily in the domains of Vendor Pricing, Negotiations, and Contract Terms and Conditions.
The Director will maintain an active pulse on the needs of members as well as industry development, deliver exceptional service via calls and workshops, collaborate with others across the Research department and organization, and ensure they deliver high quality Vendor Contract & Cost Optimization research and solutions.
- Analyze and evaluate for comment on IT contracts (SaaS, MSP, Software, Professional Services, SoWs, Telecom, etc.) with deep Microsoft License expertise and the ability to discuss recommendations with members.
- Provide client with Vendor Price Benchmarking information from our Knowledge Base.
- Using your knowledge and experience to help IT Management take a leading role in guiding their organizations towards success through thought-provoking research and best-practice deliverables.
- Using practical experience and knowledge to help IT Management cultivate their vendor pricing, negotiation, and contract Terms & Conditions strategies based on identified contract risk.
- Identifying trends in IT contracting and proposing research topics.
- Advising IT management on how to best fulfill their mandates and show back value to the business through calls and facilitation of workshops.
- Enabling IT Management with the tools and methods that they need to support the business both strategically and operationally.
- Develop technology content and articles for third-party media as part of Info-Tech’s Public Relations activities.
- Development of research project outlines, scoping documents, and other related documentation.
- Completing primary & secondary research.
- Design and build of research content for publication, in keeping with established research process & quality guidelines. Lead Microsoft analyst
- Successful execution on commitments agreed upon in workshop Statements of Work (SOW) and in alignment to expectations negotiated with clients.
- Provide verbal & written information to Info-Tech Consulting teams as needed.
- Provide recommendations to Sales Representatives/Directors on potential client workshops and other means of client engagement.
- Respond & provide written collateral to Sales Representatives/Directors and Global Services (formerly Executive Services) staff in a timely manner.
- Design and build of high-quality keynote/other presentations/seminars, and successful delivery of presentations as needed for delivery at events organized by Info-Tech Research Group and its partners.
Areas of focus for this role includes:
- Research. Writing and publishing research designed to provide our members with what they need to be world-class CIOs, procurement, and sourcing executives
- Utilization. Leverage our research to assist Info-Tech members through the process of negotiating with major vendors. Maximize utilization through a series of client calls and emails.
- Service Quality. Provide measurable value to our clients through the various services provided: research and calls.
- Account Renewal Rate. Work jointly with account managers to reengage customers with low service levels through targeted campaigns and outreach.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required (business or technology preferred).
- Professional certifications in an IT, Procurement, or project management related topic e.g., PMP, COBIT, ITIL, CTPE considered valuable and most important Microsoft License expertise and knowledge
- Practical experience (8-10 years) working in one or more of the following domains necessary:
- Working in and IT procurement/Sourcing role within mid to large IT procurement/sourcing department and/or with an IT vendor or analyst firm
- Reviewing, analyzing, & commenting on IT contracts, demonstrating strong legal acumen
- Actively participating in Major Vendor pricing & negotiations especially Microsoft EA’s, Azure and Unified Support
- Identifying contractual risk and how to contractually mitigate these risks
- Presentation and facilitation experience demonstrated through prior client-facing workshops, training sessions, and consulting engagements.
- History of strong relationship building and management skills. Experience gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with senior management and C-level executives.
- Inclusion. Contributes to an environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging, valued for their differences, and empowered to participate and contribute freely.
- Domain Expertise. Must have strong knowledge of some combination of reviewing, analyzing, & commenting on IT contracts; actively participating in Major Vendor pricing & negotiations; and identifying contractual risk and how to contractually mitigate these risks.
- Application of Legal Knowledge. Strong legal acumen and legal theory as it pertains to IT contracts. Must be able to explain legal terms and theory in common easy to understand business language.
- Client Interaction and Facilitation. Ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with clients both virtually and in-person, when safe to do so.
- Event Speaking. Ability to develop keynote/other presentations that will be delivered credibly, articulately, and confidently at Info-Tech’s own events or at external events and conferences.
- Knowledge Application, Problem Solving & Decision Making. Can make relevant recommendations on next steps and helpful resources in response to indirect and direct cues and topics discussed during member interactions. Uses critical thinking to evaluate problems, gather information, understand causes, and identify best possible solutions. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to drive better decisions and more efficient implementations.
- Project Management. Manage project scope and report on project progress within a timely manner. Ability to manage client expectations.
- Writing Ability. Ability to craft and word deliverables in a clear and concise manner. Achieve an aesthetically appealing outcome that is polished and professional.
- Business Development. Generate advisory sales leads from interactions with clients, whether during analyst calls or during project work, and proposing Info-Tech Research Group’s services to fulfill Member’s needs.
- Apply primary and secondary research, along with superior analytical and written communication skills, to lead the team in producing high-quality, published research for our members.
- Managing Through Change & Uncertainty. Adjusts thinking and behavior to resiliently face change and uses experience to fuel growth. Embraces failure as a learning opportunity for themselves and others. Enables the process of change and transition while helping others deal with the effects of change.
- Dynamic Learning Mindset. Continuously seeks opportunities to learn, questions the applicability of past approaches in the current environment, owns growth, and embraces failure as a learning opportunity.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process