Responsible for leading a product from ideation to release and beyond, with the mission of empowering small businesses to deliver customer-driven growth. Adopting a continuous discovery and customer-driven mindset, you will work closely with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Design and Engineering to uncover the most important problems to solve that bring us closer to achieving our mission, establish the best way to solve those problems, and help bring them to market.
The Product Director is the expert and champion for their product both internally and externally and will communicate the vision and value of the product to others to drive excitement and product adoption. You will be contributing to the development of the team through mentorship of more junior product leaders, and sharing best practices and learnings. You will own your professional development and get the opportunity to grow every day with support from your team.
- Uncover customer needs and pain points through multiple data touchpoints, both qualitative and quantitative
- Maintain product backlog by triaging ideas and surfacing priorities
- Triage new product issues as they arrive into the Kanban board
- Develop a compelling product roadmap based on prioritized customer needs that further our mission
- Tightly define the jobs to be done in a brief to be communicated to the development team with clarity
- Support Design and Engineering in creating elegant solutions
- Execute technical and design QA
- Work with Marketing to launch product, evaluate success post-launch, and share learnings to inform future launch plans
- Lead and execute a continuous discovery plan that allows for assumptions to be interrogated, learnings to be gained, and necessary iterations to be made at every stage of the product life cycle maximizing product success and minimizing resource waste
- Write and maintain all product documentation
- Proven track record of leading and delivering successful and scalable SaaS products from concept to launch
- Experience in UX research
- Clear communication (writing & speaking)
- Building relationships: ability to network, collaborate, and influence both internally and externally
- Ability to level up others through mentorship
- Management experience leading teams
- Experience in deriving actionable insights from data
- Problem-solving after uncovering the right problem to solve
Nice to have:
- Sound understanding of software engineering principles
- Experience working remotely with a remote team
- Experience working in products relating to: communications, payments, rewards/loyalty
- Experience working in Reputation Marketing
- Experience in building analytical reporting solutions
- Hands on experience in software development
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
Why work for Paystone?
Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces our office culture is like no other – with many virtual social events such as gaming events and health and wellness initiatives. We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance, a company perk plan through Perkopolis. We also employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities.
If you yearn to be part of a passionate, driven team whose primary vision is to forge meaningful, personal relationships with its clients all whilst working in an upbeat, fun and motivating environment then we want to meet you!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.