Founded in London, Ontario, Canada, Race Roster is an online event registration platform geared towards running and endurance events around the world. In 2019, Race Roster became a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation, a Japanese multinational corporation, whose vision and mission are to “Create Quality Lifestyle through Intelligent Sport Technology” and to provide goods and services that promote healthy and fulfilling lifestyles throughout the world.
Race Roster’s parent company, ASICS, is especially well known for their connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen their commitment to running, ASICS is expanding their investment in running related digital services, i.e. Running event technology (Race Roster), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help them to better serve runners.
The senior accountant position at Race Roster will work in a fast-paced environment, helping to shape the finance department and support the business as we drive towards the ASICS Fitness Apps vision. The senior accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Senior Tax Analyst to support the day-to-day accounting and finance duties necessary to provide accurate and reliable financial reporting, as well as ongoing tax and regulatory compliance.
- Daily bookkeeping duties for Race Roster and its subsidiaries
- Preparation of accurate and reliable financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, including customer invoicing, vendor invoice entry, payment batch initiation, etc.
- Development and maintenance of strong internal controls over financial reporting
- Initiation of weekly event organizer payouts
- Involvement with annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- GST/HST returns, source deduction remittances, EHT, etc.
- Assistance with Canadian T2, US 1120, and UK income tax returns
- Ad hoc financial reporting, as required
- Customer support inquiries relating to payouts, invoicing, etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience working in a public accounting role, or 5+ years of experience in an industry role
- Strong knowledge of common financial reporting frameworks, including ASPE and IFRS
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, and advanced Microsoft Excel skill set
- CPA designation is an asset
- Experience with financial modelling is an asset
- Experience with QuickBooks Online is an asset
- Effective completion of assigned tasks
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Continuously learning and improving in your role
- Quality of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees at all levels of the organization