Director of Technology
You want to work here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in London? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture including the potential for remote work? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the Technology department providing strategic direction and technical expertise across all initiatives and projects.
- Present regular project status updates and communicate issues, risks or setbacks to our Senior Leaders in a timely manner.
- Create, innovate, and drive technical deliverables across product team backlogs by collaborating with Product Management.
- Foster positive relationships with our Founders and senior leaders to help prioritize and drive the achievement of departmental and corporate objectives.
- Direct meetings and activities that enable cross-product team knowledge sharing to mitigate risks and solve common issues.
- Foster a culture of continuous development and organize training for the Technology team by coordinating internal and external learning opportunities, i.e., webinars, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Develop, implement and oversee a mentorship program promoting hands-on training and support to Junior and Intermediate Software Developers.
- Participate in the interview process, make hiring decisions and manage talent in conjunction with Software Development Managers.
- Work closely with HR to design career plans and learning paths for the Technology team members.
- Schedule 1:1 meetings, provide regular feedback, and evaluate the performance of Software Development Managers on a periodic basis.
- Assist in establishing goals for Software Developers within their guild, that are aligned to the company’s core competencies.
- Run code reviews, monitor test reports, and ensure all code is of the highest quality and is in alignment with company best practices.
- Research industry trends to ensure that the Technology team is leveraging the most effective tools, technologies, and techniques.
Who We are Looking For:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of work experience as a Software Developer, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
- Experience leading a high performing team of 10+ Software Developers, Development Managers and/or similar roles.
- Solid understanding or familiarity with the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Node or Python.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in defining and executing software development best practices.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring, and people management skills.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple projects against set deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent communicator who can clearly articulate technical concepts, deliver effective presentations, and engage and influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills and track record of making data-driven decisions.
Life at Mobials Inc (You will WANT to read this part!):
- Amazing office space and a work atmosphere that is second to none.
- Enjoy our roof top patio and other cool spaces while you work!
- Potential for remote work
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid health and dental program
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Beach Day, tubing, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.