Chief of Staff
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are looking for a Chief of Staff, Operations to work alongside our CEO to act as a force multiplier. Reporting directly to our CEO and working alongside the Executive Team across multiple entities, this is a great opportunity to work and lead in cross functional initiatives including budget, employee success, growth / margin analysis, and alignment with existing and prospective partners. This role will help shape, guide and manage the evolution and execution of Big Viking’s strategy, both internally and externally. This role is set to be an 18 - 24 months contract. After this period, you will either maintain your position, transition to another senior role in the company or spearhead one of the newer business units. This position is open remotely but preference will be given to people in Toronto or Eastern Time Zone.
As our Chief of Staff you will:
- Serve as thought partner and drive strategic decisions: Work directly with senior executives and internal teams to drive strategic decisions across the company and ensure the company is aligned on key strategic initiatives
- Coordinate key meetings
- Support the Office of the CEO on a day to day basis: Help the Office of the CEO stay organized, track priorities, and summarize key information needed to make critical decisions for the various entities
- Project managing strategic cross functional initiatives
- Primary point of contact internally and externally for all matters pertaining to the CEO
- Understand strategic business initiatives and help communicate and implement them across the company
- Build and maintain credibility throughout the business as a strategic advisor and team player
- BS / BA required, MBA is ideal
- 7+ years in management, leadership and strategic planning, preferably from a management consultant, iBanking or startup environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated success leading large, complex projects across teams or organizations. Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Proven ability to exercise sound and independent judgement in a variety of different situations
- Top notch verbal and written communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture, balancing short and long term objectives
- The ability to interpret business strategy, connect it to the organization’s priorities and see them through to successful implementation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be self driven, multitask and manage dynamically changing, competing priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization, from entry level to C-Suite
- Competitive salaries, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches. Vikings can't work on an empty stomach!
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.