The Technology Director – Data Analytics works in close collaboration with Business Leaders and Data Scientists to provide technical oversight and guidance across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. This role is ultimately accountable for the successful design, implementation, and delivery of technical solutions to our customers. The Technology Director – Data Analytics also works in close collaboration with our CTO to define and implement the overall technology strategy for J.D. Power.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support product roadmap and revenue growth by defining technology vision and strategy
- Facilitate the design, implementation, and maintenance of data warehousing solutions
- Collaborate with sales teams to review customer requirements and provide pre-sales support
- Create and deliver technical presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Contribute to the technical elements of the RFI/RFP process as required
- Contribute to the development of product roadmaps by assessing technology requirements and constraints
- Support sales teams by developing and presenting proof of concept prototypes
- Provide technical leadership and support for all customer communications
- Develop a detailed understanding of market needs and product requirements
- Support the development of detailed software design and architecture documents
- Facilitate the day-to-day technical oversight for all software development and quality assurance activities
- Support the interview and selection process for internal and external candidates
- Represent J.D. Power at community, networking, and recruitment events
- Travel up to 25% to support client workshops and meetings
Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 10+ years of technical team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience creating detailed technical architecture designs and documentation
- 5+ years of experience using Apache Beam, Apache Spark, or other data streaming technologies
- 5+ years of experience using big data persistence frameworks including BigQuery, Redshift, and Cassandra
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud-based platforms such as GCP and AWS
- Experience leading and coordinating offshore team members
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective at leading multidisciplinary teams
The Career Opportunity:
This is a very senior technology role within the organization and works alongside Software Architects, Pre-Sales Engineers, Product Management leaders and Senior Software leaders.
The Team / The Business:
You are part of other Technology Directors as a functional group but are considered a dedicated SME for one of our many business lines. The business unit itself is dispersed geographically and supports several high profile clients.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.