Head of Technology and Information – Remote in Southwestern ON
**this position can be remote in Southwestern ON and will work out of Home Office in London ON 1-2 days a week**
You are great at what you do, and you want to change the world!
“The future of health and fitness is only possible through an unwavering commitment to technology and the opportunities realized through the combined live and digital experience. Our Associates and Members come from all walks of life, and we need to meet them where they are so they can experience the incredible life changing effects of living a fit and healthy life. Technological investment and leadership are what will make this all possible.”
- Unique opportunity to apply your proven technology expertise, and your leadership and management skills, to positively impact the health and fitness of everyone in Canada.
- Play a critical role on the senior leadership team of the undisputed market leader in the Canadian fitness and health industry, and the fourth largest in the world; committed to applying technology to deliver the best combined Live and Digital experience to both Members and Associates.
- Develop a compelling strategic technology roadmap, and grow and lead a skilled technology team with a strong service orientation to support the delivery of GoodLife’s overarching priorities and goals.
– David Patchell-Evans, GoodLife Founder & CEO
Who is a Head of Technology and Information?
Head of Technology and Information will focus on building and leading the technology team and capabilities required to support the organization – including security and infrastructure, enterprise applications and systems, and data management. In addition, working to support the execution of GoodLife’s “Best Combined Live and Digital Experience” objective. The Head of Technology and Information will contribute to driving the organizations’ digital transformation and customer-facing technologies by proposing and helping implement new digital offerings focused on streamlining operations, improving efficiencies, reducing costs and enhancing the Member and Associate experience – both in-person and virtually. Will be responsible for a comprehensive strategy that focuses on creating a modern and flexible architecture capable of scaling, while also addressing the Company’s legacy systems and technical debt. The Head of Technology and Information will be a member of the leadership team and a strategic business partner who can develop an understanding of key business drivers and build effective relationships with other senior leadership members as well as Operating Company leaders. This executive is a thought leader and exert board influence beyond the technology and information function. In addition, they demonstrate the ability to motivate. Develop and drive accountability with their team and successfully contribute to driving revenue, profitability and productivity through exceptional execution and commitment to quality.
What will you be doing?
- Manages direct reports and the people requirements of the Department/Team using provided tools and resources to ensure the successful execution of all key responsibilities and tasks, retention of great talent, and high Associate engagement.
- Facilitates recruitment of direct reports alongside the Talent Acquisition Department to ensure adequate resourcing based on approved Department/Team budget.
- Leads the onboarding, coaching, learning, development, and performance management of all direct reports to ensure a positive and safe working experience.
Operations and Security
- Information Security
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Hardware and Networks
- Help Desk
- Business/T and I Strategy and Alignment
- Architecture Strategy
- T and I Transformation Roadmap
- Architectural support for application development and modifications
Product Development and Management
- Development of New Products/Applications
- Systems Maintenance and Repair
- Software/Platform as a Service Configuration and Integration
- Execution of Projects and Initiatives
Customer Interphase and Systems Development
- Interphase with Business Units
- Portfolio Management
- Management of projects and initiatives
- Partner selection and management
- Technical debt reduction
Data Management and Services
- Data governance
- Data architecture
- Data operations (collection, storage, management and quality)
- Systems and analytics infrastructure
Do you have what it takes?
Proven technology leadership/management track record
- Has served as a corporate-level (Head of Technology & Information or equivalent), large-scale, divisional-level (divisional VP of Technology & Information or equivalent), or significant technology leader at a complex, consumer-focused organization.
Consumer-centric, multi-location industry experience
- Experience within complex technology environments supporting businesses that include both physical, in-person and on-line customer engagement. Fitness Industry experience is preferred but other relevant industries could include but are not limited to retail, hospitality, travel, and consumer financial services.
Experience building and leading technology teams of more than 50 employees
- Including full-time, contract and vendor resources across multiple geographies.
Broad-based functional IT experience
- Including enterprise applications, security, infrastructure, and architecture.
Data and analytics experience
- Including the application of advanced approaches, including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Including mobile business-to-consumer platforms.
What’s in it for you
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Education Allowance
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health/Medical Benefits Package
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Performance Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable.