Asset Management Specialist
About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and advisory practice, we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs and processes for better corporate outcomes.
As we continue to grow, PSD Citywide is looking to add a dynamic Asset Management Specialist to our Asset Management Advisory team. This is a Full Time Remote based role within Canada.
Responsibilities will include working directly with clients to analyze business and data requirements, design solutions to meet day to day work management needs and deploy recommended solutions within the CityWide software platform. The Asset Management Specialist will be expected to develop and maintain product specification, business and user requirements, training, and other system technical and business documentation. You will also provide some software testing and support, training and communicating with internal and external stakeholders to interpret, document and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely, professional and customer centered manner.
Your experience should include software support/analysis or Infrastructure Asset Management in a municipal environment. The ideal candidate will also have experience with GIS & SAS environments, user requirements analysis, software testing and software end user training. You will utilize your experience to provide insight into improving Asset Management practices for municipal clients and ultimately implement those solutions to best fit the individual needs of each client.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate client needs and opportunities within a timely manner.
- Analyze and leverage client data, workflows and processes.
- Recommend process improvements and develop and implement data software configuration strategies.
- Plan, track and effectively communicate throughout software implementation project lifecycle.
- Participate and contribute in various projects related to asset management.
- Assist and initiate the lead on small projects with the guidance from senior team members.
- Create and maintain configuration, testing, process, project and training documentation.
- Configure CityWide modules such as Maintenance Manager, GIS, Permits, and provide software support, testing, troubleshooting and training.
- College Diploma in Geographic Information Systems Technology, Civil Engineering Technology/Technician or similar College Diploma.
- 1-3 years of experience in an Application Support/Analysis, Software Implementation or Software training role.
- 1-3 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Knowledge & experience with Microsoft Excel, relational databases, CMMS, GIS.
- Knowledge and working experience with municipal infrastructure asset management systems, municipal operations/building services and/or mobile applications would be considered an asset.
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully.
- Highly developed analytical skills & software troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical problem-solving skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical staff.
- Project Management experience or PMP designation would be considered an asset for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate complex implementation projects and communicate with key contacts within the public sector.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our People and Culture team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to an in-person virtual interview will meet with the department Manager and a member of the People and Culture team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD.
Why work with PSD Citywide?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a peer in your department for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with your position. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product and service development teams at PSD.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
This role reports to our Burlington, Ontario office which is centrally located within just 1 hour of downtown Toronto and Hamilton, ON, and Buffalo, New York. Burlington hosts some of Ontario’s top festivals and events and is home to the Royal Botanical Gardens and beautiful boardwalks along the shore of Lake Ontario.
PSD Citywide is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.