Trojan Technologies is looking for a DBS Director who will work with business partners across the entire Trojan Technologies organization to achieve breakthroughs in growth, productivity and operational process excellence by improving performance to achieve key business objectives. The DBS Director will additionally play a key role in leading the development and deployment of cross-Trojan Technologies business processes including program/project leadership of our ERP unification project.
The Danaher Business System (DBS) is our proven system for achieving success. DBS is a philosophy, set of values, and series of management processes that collectively define who we are and how we do what we do at Danaher. Our DBS tools are designed to help us excel in the areas of Growth, Leadership, and Lean, building on a strong foundation of DBS fundamentals (Voice of Customer, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, Kaizen, 5S, Problem Solving, and Visual & Daily Management).
- Serve as Transactional Process Improvement (TPI) and problem-solving-process (PSP) resource by obtaining a training certificate and coaching others to CP status across the organization.
- Understand and advise on when to use fundamental DBS tools, become a Certified Practitioner in several of the tools prioritized based on business need, lead and facilitate kaizens as needed across the organization.
- Work with business leaders to develop and manage a funnel of DBS initiatives and kaizen’s to achieve Policy Deployment (PD)/strategic plan objectives and improve functional efficiency. This includes monitoring charter development, overseeing prework, attending report outs and reviewing sustainment, making sure corrective actions are put in place for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that do not sustain.
- Participate in kaizen events outside of Operating Company to gain experience, alternative perspectives, and benchmarking.
- As part of a team, work on Policy Deployment initiatives to help develop the action plan and be a resource to facilitate the necessary tools that are used to meet Targets To Improve (TTI). May be involved as a team member, coach, or facilitator.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in recommending tools, processes, etc. to assist teams/departments in identifying and solving most impactful business problems.
- Assist site / company Leadership in the development of a DBS Roadmap – Lean and Growth (i.e., how to use the DBS tools to drive sustainable improvement in results and grow its businesses).
- Develop and own the global Trojan Technologies DBS strategy
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in QDCI (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation) that is tied to Policy Deployment (PD) and Daily Management (DM) by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and the change management process.
- Train, install, and measure foundational capabilities in PD, Action Planning, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management. Work with central and regional organizations to create KPI bowlers and Visual Management to sustain process improvement.
- Work with business teams to install and drive good daily management (DM) and problem solving processes (PSP) to find root cause and countermeasure for driving/delivering plans.
- Identify best practices, standardize and share across locations. Benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- Schedule, charter, and facilitate kaizen projects. Ensure effective sustainment of results and support problem solving as needed to close gaps to targets.
- Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching. Augment with other sources of training and coaching (DHR DBSO, outside sources). Improve DBS training and facilitation by pursuing certification in DBS tools for yourself and others. Evaluate and approve other associates for tool certification.
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Teamwork - must be able to lead a team(s) of Danaher employees from multiple disciplines and/or companies (Leadership Anchor, Builds People Teams and Organizations)
- Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives (Leadership Anchor, Charts the Course)
- Results orientation - must deliver results (Leadership Anchor, Leads through DBS)
- Technical excellence - must possess the technical skills necessary to be seen as credible in DHR by peers and managers (Leadership Anchor, Leads through DBS)
- Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms (Leadership Anchor, Charts the Course)
- Must be hands-on and detail-oriented but also able to see the big picture. Need to be able to think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint. Must be very customer focused and have strong interpersonal and communications skills. Will need to be a quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher organization. This person will be high energy and able to handle conflict. Will be an independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult situations.
- Qualifications required:
- BS or BA Degree in Business or equivalent with 10+ years commercial or operations experience
- 5+ years of people leadership experience with demonstrated success in a global environment
- Ability to analyze capabilities, identify root cause and growth/lean tool opportunities; has the skills necessary to be seen as credible by peers and managers commercially and operationally
- Knowledge of key DBS tools: Transactional Process Improvement (TPI)/Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Standard Work, 5S, Voice of Customer (VOC), Customer Segmentation, Funnel Management, Value Selling, Pricing Margin Management (or non-DHR equivalents)
- Proven ability to consistently deliver business results
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS roadmap and implement key growth initiatives; successfully drives change, handles conflict / ambiguity
- Mastery of fundamental DBS or continuous improvement tools
- Superior skills in communications, training / adult learning, consulting / influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and action plan development and execution
- Computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Willingness to travel (including internationally), up to 40% of the time
- Preferred Capabilities
- Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent with 10+ years of process improvement and optimization experience with demonstrated success including experience managing people/projects
- Knowledge of key DBS growth tools: Transformative Marketing, Voice of Customer (VOC), Customer Segmentation, Demand Generation, Funnel Management, Value Selling, Pricing Margin Management (or non-DHR equivalents)
- Hands-on experience implementing improvements in a continuous improvement (DBS, Lean Six Sigma, TPS, etc.), line management or consulting role
- Fluency in a variety of different languages an advantage (e.g., German, Spanish, French, etc)
- Exposure to and participation in a wide variety of training and facilitation environments
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.