Technical Support Agent
We are currently seeking a spirited and energetic individual to join our Technical Support team and help us in assisting our client base. The right candidate will be someone who can be adaptive and has superpowers in positivity. If you’re this type of teammate, this team wants you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payment Service, The Technical Support Agent will be responsible for managing inbound calls from our customer base and agents helping them navigate through various service and technical issues.
Merchant / Agent Support
- Resolve Customer Technical issues in a timely and thorough manner
- Provide customers with support for operational and maintenance related inquiries for products
- Follow documentation and training materials to diagnosis, resolve and escalate customers’ / agents calls when necessary
- Take initiative and research to manage issues outside documented occurrences
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures
Voice of the Customer
- Be the ‘Voice’ of the customer, representing the merchant base effectively by understanding their business needs, product, process and system requirements to influence and define our future direction
- proactively identify, analyze and suggest improvement to existing business processes for peak performance and enhanced customer experience.
Skill and Experience:
- A love of learning
- A solid grasp of communication (ability to walk someone through the basics)
- General knowledge of customer service practices and procedures.
- Good telephone and communications skills. Demonstrates self-control and understanding of customer situations
- Basic knowledge on internet functions (Modems, Routers, Dynamic/Static IP)
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Sweet Internetting skills
- High energy / positive mojo
Hours of Work:
- 8 hours / day
- Monday – Friday
Typical hours of work will be based on two specific shifts Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Morning Shift 8:00AM – 4:00PM EST
- Afternoon Shift 12:00PM – 8:00PM EST
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
Why work for Paytone?
- Paystone offers competitive compensation packages with extensive health, dental and vision plan, as well as a Healthcare Spend Account.
- Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 2018/2019 our office culture is like no other – with daily breakfast, weekly catered lunches, and many social events such as potlucks, gaming events, fitness activities and holiday parties.
- A home away from home, our new state of the art office facility comes with a games room and a fully stocked kitchen as well as round the clock snacks and a commercial grade hot beverage bar (we love food!)
- We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance as well as mechanical stand-up/sit-down desks
- Lots of Free parking
- Perkopolis: Company Perk Plan. Participation in corporate events and conferences.
- And with our continued growth, comes the huge potential for career advancement
- We employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities
If you yearn to be part of a passionate, driven team whose primary vision is to forge meaningful, personal relationships with its clients all whilst working in an upbeat, fun and motivating environment then we want to meet you!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.