Human Resources Coordinator
PSD builds world class software. Our team of over 90 staff is based in 3 branches across Canada. PSD is looking for a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to join our Human Resources department.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the organization through implementing and supporting the HR Department's initiatives. This will include recruitment of all departments, overseeing the Health and Safety program, orientation of new employees and assisting with employee relations. They will also need to be a subject matter expert in all areas of HR to provide input and advice to supervisors and management on HR best practices. This role requires a high degree of integrity and adhering to an ethical code, planning and developing programs, attention to detail, but particularly an interest in the personal development of PSD’s employees.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in full cycle talent acquisition for all departments including conducting screen phone interviews, setting up in person interviews, completing reference checks and initiating onboarding of new employees.
- Prepare new employees by conducting new hire orientation and training programs.
- Assist with the management and enrollment of new staff to the benefit and RRSP programs.
- Ensure all necessary employee paperwork is completed by following up with supervisors and managers.
- Assist in payroll review, ensuring all changes are documented on payroll reports.
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including employment processing, training and development, records management, health and safety programs, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and ESA compliance.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Maintain the work structure by updating drafts of job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Protect PSD’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with federal and provincial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain HR records by adhering to existing to procedures but place emphasis on continuous improvement through identifying areas for efficiency.
- Assist chairs of social and outreach committees with executing events and charity initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources.
- CHRP or CHRL or actively working towards the designation.
- 3+ years of work experience in a direct Human Resources role
- Experience in high volume recruitment environment, ideally within the technology sector.
- Excellent diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Must be extremely well organized and methodical in approach to problem solving and be able to manage filing/database system.
- Ability to analyse and present information in such a way that it is understood by everyone within the organization.
- Strong understanding of Federal and Provincial legislation, employment law, and ability to apply this knowledge within day-to-day work, company policy documentation and employee relations.
- Proficiency in the following HR related competencies: Performance Management, Training Management, Maintaining Employee Files, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, Employment Law, and Project Management.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, creative, and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- Proficient with Google suite, MailChimp, GoToWebinar.
- Advance skills with MS Word and Excel.
All resumes will be reviewed for skills and experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Virtual/ In-person Interview
Candidates invited to the next stage will attend a virtual interview with the department Manager and a member of the HR team. In this interview candidates will be requested to provide examples of marketing campaigns they have been a part of during their career.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a peer mentoring program that matches you with an experienced employee for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our work environment. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product and service teams at PSD. During this time of social distancing employees are onboarded virtually so they can effectively work from home.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
London Ontario is centrally located within just 2 hours of Toronto, ON, Detroit, Michigan and Buffalo, New York. London hosts local and international food and music festivals with a vibrant downtown core and plenty of green space to enjoy the outdoors.
PSD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.