Junior Project Manager
Internal Title: Project Manager
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Project Director
The Project Manager is responsible for communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and, in general, making sure the project is delivered on budget, on schedule, and within scope.
- Develop / manage full-scale project plans and communication documents using appropriate tools provided
- Organize the work in a logical way so it is executed effectively and managed to the schedule
- Initiate resource request and update as required. Make optimal use of resources
- Track, manage, update and control issues. Understand how to assess, document and manage internal and external project risks; develop contingencies and mitigation plans
- Maintain focus on budget; and communicate or escalate if estimated costs are at risk. Understand and manage potential budget impact per contractual obligations and SLAs. Understand how to use project management tools and techniques related to cost planning and estimating. Understand and explain root causes for variance
- Clearly understand the scope, identify changes early, and execute change approval procedures
- Set achievable project objectives; maintain a positive outlook; take responsibility; make decisions; and provide constructive feedback. Can strategize, inspire and motivate team members to a common goal
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure project documents are completed, labeled and stored
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence positive action and accountability. Within a team structure, understand and know how to share information and best practices; delegate responsibility and promote support and interaction. Maintain a high level of trust with team members
- Project status reports are prepared and reviewed as required with appropriate details and distributed weekly
- Consistently communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Operational management in ensuring quality planning, delivery & execution of the project
- Manages key relationships with internal & external executive, business, procurement and vendor teams
- Conduct final project lessons learned recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project outcomes
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities. Ability to analyze and identify problems, evaluate alternatives, find a solution; and make informed decisions
- Ability to manage approval and sign-off, allocate project resources, and manage priorities and schedule conflicts to enable efficient decision making
- Ability to use active listening skills to read situations quickly, settle disputes equitably, and negotiate agreements. Looks for a win-win agreement that can be understood and accepted by the project team
- Ability to adapt to internal and external project impacts (resourcing changes, scope changes, business priorities, process changes, etc.)
- Communicate timely, tactfully, concisely, and candidly, simplify jargon and make required stakeholders aware of all issues. Encourage interactive communication; be receptive to both positive and constructive feedback and listen to team members and customers
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project and program elements simultaneously
- Ability to understand the line of business, product/project domain and its relationship to the overall client portfolio. Experience in a web/data project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams. Strong understanding of development process (full SDLC), including understanding of applicable IT Infrastructure and regulatory directives
- Manages key relationships with internal & external executive, business and vendor teams. Understand who the stakeholder is and what the stakeholder's needs are; to be able to set realistic expectations and to reach agreement with the business from the project onset
- Proficient PC skills using Microsoft Tools. Ability to understand and apply established policies and procedures, corporate tools and technical requirements
- Post-Secondary degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective negotiator using positive win/win strategy, applying negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders, team members, and vendors
- Ability to learn and understand project technical domain
- Ability to travel based on assigned project
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
J.D. Power’s recruitment efforts are aligned with the company's commitment to provide opportunities rooted in diversity, inclusion, and equality.
Our Vision: To be the leader in providing advanced data solutions that empower industry transformation.
Our Mission: We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our Values: We are Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.