As part of the New Product Development team, the Tableau Developer is responsible for creating reports and data analytics solutions for external customers and internal business users. The successful candidate will ensure that our stakeholders have the information and reporting tools needed to support our product development requirements. In addition, you will be working closely with consultants and analysts to understand the client’s needs and with the rest of development team to ensure that reports, dashboards and queries perform efficiently and are accurate.
- Work closely with software developers, data scientists and product team to create interactive analytics products for clients
- Build proof of concept visualizations and iterate quickly to validate assumptions and/or test hypothesis with limited development time
- Analyze large amount of data and build interactive visualizations to tell a story
- Leverage Tableau Prep for data munging and pipelining; Create intuitive dashboards and visuals with multiple layers to filter and/or drill down through; Create robust QA pipelines to identify issues on live products
- Collaborate cross functionally with experienced Tableau development team, New Product Development team and other business units across the company
- Work in a team environment that encourages new input from everyone to build the best solutions
- Proficiency with Tableau Desktop
- 2+ years of professional experience creating Tableau dashboards
- 2+ years of experience with database software (RedShift, Hive, SQL, MYSQL, …)
- Experience with SQL and Python
- Experience with publishing and maintaining workbooks on Tableau Server/Online
- Proficiency with LOD, Calculated Fields, Table Calculations
- Deep understanding of formatting to recreate JD Power look with Tableau
- Ability to translate product requirements into live dashboards with limited development cycles and to adapt to new requirements quickly
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate key insights from complex analyses into actionable business insights
- Ability to create both prescriptive and exploratory data analysis experiences
- A passion for using data visualization to tell complex data stories
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with automotive data
- Tableau Certification and/or Jedi skill level
- Experience with Tableau Bridge and Prep or Alteryx
- Some shareable Tableau Public examples of data visualizations you have created
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team?and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require?accommodations?during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this Job