About the job
The Account Manager role at JMP Solutions is responsible for achieving sales targets by creating, sustaining, and cultivating business relationships and opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis with existing customers and new target prospects. The role requires frequent client interaction as well as internal communication with our engineering team to develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs and ultimately drive success as measured by our Net Promoters Score process.
The Account Manager will be responsible for selling custom Automation Solutions in multiple industries, including but not limited to Aerospace, Agriculture, Automotive, Consumer Products, Electric Vehicle, Energy, Furniture & Appliances, Logistics, Medical, Food Processing, Military, Recreational Vehicle and Transportation. Additionally, the Account Manager will have the opportunity and responsibility to sell across the Convergix Automation platform including JMP Solutions, Classic Design, AGR Automation and Eagle Technologies.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Drive new and current business relationships with targeted prospects and customers across defined segments and applications.
- Responsible for managing key customer accounts for key target segments including but not limited to Automotive, EV, Consumer, Aerospace, Food Processing and Logistics
- Develop strong relationships with important and prospective customers, including corporate, plant, and facility executives, as well as maintenance, production, and engineering staff.
- JMP is looking to grow into new markets that support our core expertise, and we have a compelling value proposition for customers.
- Work closely with customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovative plans to achieve sales growth.
- Drive the sales process with customers from prospecting to qualifying, to the closing of the business.
- Develop and execute successful win strategies for single sales opportunities to increase bookings.
- Actively engage in the internal selling process working together with the application engineering team to ensure complete alignment in process and value proposition.
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for JMP within the industry, promote JMP, and represent the company’s vision, culture, and values.
- Attend industry events as needed and assist in the development of the JMP go-to market plan.
- Participate in or conduct weekly sales meetings to review pipeline and strategy.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- College degree (Business or Engineering), or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Automation equipment, Controls, Mechanical designs, and Robotics (Preferably sales and/or engineering)
- Proven Successful history of selling solutions & equipment, meeting or exceeding KPI’s.
- Technical aptitude to adequately qualify opportunities and communicate within internal engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of the automation market
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with the mindset of customer success and a high degree of passion
- Highly coachable and trustworthy
- Demonstrated track record of closing $1M+ projects in defined industry and segments.
- High integrity and commitment to delivering JMP’s values to customers.
- Established network of business contacts and clients
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration to drive a win-win paradigm.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- An ambitious and persuasive achiever with a casual and direct communication style
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Reliable transportation and an ability to travel within US and Canada
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
JMP Solutions (a Convergix Company)
Founded in 1987, JMP is an automation systems integrator offering solutions to diverse industrial and consumer end markets. It designs, engineers, and integrates hardware and software to automate its customers’ manufacturing and production facilities. Headquartered in London, Ontario, with an established North American footprint consisting of 17 office locations across the U.S. and Canada, the Company’s multi-geographic branch model provides it with a strategic advantage over smaller, sub-regional competitors, allowing it to provide targeted, local support while also growing with its blue-chip customer base across geographies and applications. We are certified as a “Great Place to Work” in both Canada and US. We have also been awarded one of the “Top 50 Best Workplaces Canada” nine (9) times, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion, for Women and Professional Services 2021 and 2022.
What does JMP Offer You?
Here at JMP, we offer a very generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Dental coverage
- RRSP Matching / 401K Matching
- and more!
ABOUT CONVERGIX AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
Convergix Automation Solutions is a Global Systems Integrator specializing in custom automated manufacturing systems including, robotics, controls, material handling, information and software systems, process automation in a variety of manufacturing industries. With over 900 employees, 25+ Locations worldwide and $300M in Sales, Convergix is growing organically as well through acquisition to become a leading $1B Automation Integration global partner. We are a single source automation solutions provider that leverages the geography, technology, industry expertise and capacity of the entire Convergix portfolio across the entire value chain for our customers in a diverse set of industries.
Learn more about us: https://convergixautomation.com/
What does CONVERGIX value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build CONVERGIX; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity - Respect, Transparency, Commitment
- Excellence - Continuous Improvement, Innovation, Collaboration, Communication
- Passion - Momentum, Sense of Urgency, Growth, Success, Velocity
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.