This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 05, 2021
Hive Media Group connects various audiences with satisfying, fun, and thought-provoking pieces of digital content. We’re driven by our desire to entertain and educate audiences interested in entertainment, parenting, pets, sports, finance, history, and everything in-between. Our team of writers and editors develop engaging content based on trending, news, and general interest topics that match the demographics of our readers on various websites we own and operate. Writing, photo sourcing, fact-checking, and editing are all done in house by our talented staff.
*****This is a full-time, in-house position in London, Ontario
(During COVID-19 we will be WFH indefinitely, with plans to get back into the office late 2021 - early 2022)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Delight millions of readers with engaging and addicting stories.
- Write original posts focused on a wide variety of topics.
- Develop various content types including slideshows, quizzes, and long-form content.
- Revise published articles with new information.
- Analyze trends and pitch new topics.
- Create content using our proprietary content management system.
**Applicants must submit a cover letter with a link to your portfolio with your application to be considered**
- Lives and breathes viral-type stories, breaking news, & web culture
- Can quickly develop stories from ideation through the final written word.
- Has an eye for attention-grabbing image selection.
- Can conquer obscure topics with fast and accurate research
- Possesses stunning mastery of the English language
- Expresses ideas through a variety of multimedia (slideshows, quizzes, social)
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail
- Has 1 year of high-volume digital media writing experience in a professional setting
- Strong research skills; the ability to thoroughly research and write about a variety of topics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is able to continuously meet deadlines
- Has the ability to produce content quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Excellent command of spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Strong ability to quickly understand the different voices and styles of our numerous websites
- A collaborative, make-it-work attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment