ASICS Running Apps – Sales Manager
Kihachiro Onitsuka founded ASICS in 1949 to realize his desire to nurture the youth of Japan through sports and contribute to the development of society. Our founding philosophy, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano (A Sound Mind in a Sound Body)”, represents our wish for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS brand is especially well known for its connection to running and for producing extremely high-quality running shoes. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in running-related digital services, i.e. running event technology (Race Roster™), AI run-coaching apps (the ASICS Runkeeper™ app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the running industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Running Apps.
Our mission in the past, today, and into the future is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through sports. Sports are an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
The role of the Sales Manager is to build and support the sales team in an effort to meet company revenue goals. This role is ideal for someone who is ambitious, detail oriented, and innovative. This position requires travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Help the sales team achieve sales targets as set by executive team
- Recruit, hire and train sales representatives to achieve company goals
- Negotiate with enterprise prospects
- Conduct one-on-one performance reviews on a regular basis
- Participate in sales calls (scheduled or spontaneous)
- Plan and implement training programs
- Conduct Sales Team weekly meetings
- Thorough understanding of the Race Roster technology
- Establish, implement, and manage sales objectives
- Motivate, develop, inspire and objectively evaluate each member of the sales team
- Manage the sales operating budget
- Analyze results and trends to direct future strategy
- Manage Salesforce hygiene and strategy
- Complete commission approvals in a timely manner
- Remove barriers for sales representatives
- Unite the team and show empathy when appropriate
- Meaningfully participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives across the ASICS Running Apps teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Motivated by closing deals, driven for results
- Proactive and resourceful
- Strong organization and data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate is preferred
The successful candidate for this role will become an employee of Race Roster North America Corporation (RRNA), a subsidiary of ASICS Corporation – a Japanese multinational corporation. Race Roster was founded in London, Ontario in 2011.