Associate Engineering Manager
Big Viking Games is looking for a Associate Engineering Manager to join our Technology team! Reporting to our Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be working on our flagship games - YoWorld and FishWorld! The ideal candidate will be a seasoned developer with people management experience. This role will be expected to split their time doing hands-on development and people management. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team (4-6 developers) focused on live operations for our web based games. This team will be responsible for the game uptime, feature roadmap and tools development for our games - YoWorld and FishWorld.
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class processes, and proactively identify and resolve issues in partnership with production.
- Work closely with other verticals - product, design, production and QA, to ensure seamless execution.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
- Ensure game uptime, solve bugs in liveops environment.
- Align the team with the company wide technical and business vision. Own all the deliverables from the team.
- Grow and mentor your team. Advance their skills and careers.
- Actively participate in recruiting top tech talent for the company in partnership with our recruit team
The Must Haves
- Completed post secondary education in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working in a cloud operations environment
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of full stack development experience
- 1+ years experience managing technology teams
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live ops environment
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Experience in TypeScript, Java or PHP
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with databases
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, and Ansible would be highly beneficial
- F2P Game Development experience
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching, and participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies.
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Apply for this job