Arcane is looking to add a Senior Strategist to their team, working across our key set of D2C brands.
You’re an experienced strategist whose proven passion, curiosity and intelligence have made you committed to helping brands stay relevant in our fast-changing world. Over the past 6+ years, you’ve worked at an agency or with an agency honing your skill and craft as a planner. You understand the merit of diagnosing a brand’s challenge in the marketplace and the value in understanding their prospective customers. You architect and articulate clear and compelling strategies that inform the right tactics.
In addition, across a number of complex clients of scale, you’ve demonstrated your ability to uncover insights, understand a brand’s positioning & the competitive marketplace, unearth cultural insights and pinpoint exactly which customers will drive growth. You provide a business-relevant perspective on communication challenges.
Ultimately, the job of the Senior Strategist is to ensure that the team is set up to deliver not only solutions but also insight that helps clients make decisions about their businesses.
- Drive Diagnosis & Strategy for Tier 1 and Tier 2 clients
- Lead the strategic planning process to arrive at powerful brand ideas
- Create a compelling understanding of consumer profiles that provide insight into consumer behaviors, attitudes, lifestyle, and usage
- Provide ongoing support to our existing clients through pivotal moments like QBRs and annual planning (50% new business, 50% existing clients)
- Plan and facilitate integrated planning sessions and ideations both internally and/or with external participants
- Conduct in-depth research into cultural trends, channel opportunities, competitive activity and distill into actionable implications and recommendations.
- Experience in both mass and digital tactics
- Build excellent relationships with internal team and agency partners
- Be familiar with widely used and emerging insight tools and media technology, channels, and terminology
- Strong at brand planning, able to guide whether brand positionings and focused messaging are relevant based on the research and strategy.
- Clear, tight storyteller. Can identify meaningful, singular, useable insights/tensions
- Thinks ‘storytelling’ versus ‘ads.’ History of working amicably with creative/media teams, where it adds value
- Results-driven individual who believes in effectiveness measurement.
- You are an insights-driven planner - someone who sees all the data on client/product/consumer/culture as direction for meaningful storytelling vs information-telling
The Senior Strategist role is instrumental in driving Arcane’s overall strategic processes to deliver powerful marketing strategies and best-in-class tactical plans that deliver performance. This is a high visibility role, which requires outstanding influential, collaboration and communication skills:
- 6 - 8 years of strategic planning experience with a proven track record of impactful brand-driven strategies that have grown clients’ business.
- Deep integrated planning experience with emphasis on storytelling
- Strong reputation for relationships with all internal teams and stakeholders; is a creative thinker and problem solver, passionate about ideas.
- Can clearly articulate the need for both long and short term tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re passionate about the world and how ideas intersect
- Contributing to agency life and culture is important to you
At Arcane, we believe that good marketing begins with a brand. Without first understanding how to uniquely position your business to attract your audience, you can’t hope to make smart tactical decisions. That’s why we’re steadfast about ironing out your brand and customer before making any executional recommendations. It’s a simple promise backed by years of strategic expertise.
We’re a rad team of marketing strategists who craft bespoke solutions that help our clients grow. Fuelled by a passion for progress, our cross-functional team leverages the same approaches used by the world’s biggest brands and applies that excellence to deliver best-in-class products that work.
Our passion and dedication has led us to many early successes. Arcane is one of the fastest growing companies in North America:
- 2018 Google Americas Winners, Search Innovation Award
- Branham300 Top 250 list, 2018
- 41st in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 196 in Fast 500 in North America (2018)
- #135 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2018)
- 38th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 241 in Fast 500 in North America (2017)
- #41 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2017)
Arcane welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, persons of any gender identity or expressions, or any sexual orientation, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Arcane Digital Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and vows to make any necessary disability-related accommodations, upon request, throughout the entirety of the recruitment and selection process. Need support in your application? Just let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Apply for This Job