StarTech.com is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Senior Accountant on our Finance Team, based in London, ON.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will join an experienced team to journalize accounting transactions, prepare reconciliations, consolidate multiple entities and monitor processes to ensure compliance with both GAAP and internal policies. In addition, the successful candidate will play an integral role in ensuring accurate financial reporting and presentation to various levels of the business.
This role can accommodate a hybrid work schedule, out of our Head Office in London, ON. We offer a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefits package.
In this role you will:
- Act as a key contributor in the month-end and year-end close process for all StarTech.com entities by ensuring all key balance sheet and bank accounts are reconciled, all journal entries accurately posted and that all liabilities are recorded in a timely manner
- Be responsible for the preparation of all month-end financial reporting including; balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, headcount and inventory accounting, customer and regional profitability statements, and variance reporting for budget owners across the organization
- Provide accounting support, financial analysis and guidance to the organization including transaction history reports, variance analysis, and reconciliations
- Contribute to ad hoc projects across the organization, and understand and help identify the financial impact of projects and required changes on key business processes
- Compile the budget and forecasts for all StarTech.com entities on a monthly / annual basis
- Assist budget owners with transactional level reporting and provide financial analysis for inputs into the budgeting and forecasting process
What makes this role a good opportunity?
This isn’t a run of the mill accounting role! Working as a Senior Accountant at StarTech.com will gain you:
- Exposure to consolidations of multiple entities ensuring proper processes and GAAP compliance
- Exposure to accounting with 10 foreign currencies and learning the impact of currency rate changes on financial results
- Complex accounting exposure to areas such as consignment inventory, consolidation, foreign currency translations, related party transactions, revaluations and transfer pricing
- Polished presentation skills as you interact with and present to various groups, leaders and executives
- Post-Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7 years of significant experience working in a preferably well-rounded accounting function
- While a CPA designation is preferred, candidates that are nearing completion will be considered
- Experience with financial reporting (including preparation and analysis of financial statements) in a fast-paced, multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including proficiency with v-lookups, h-lookups and pivot tables
- A demonstrated ability to work under time constraints, effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities, be detail oriented, while showing a commitment to process improvement
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Bonus Plan
- Access to corporate wellness initiatives such as the Headspace app and fitness subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Annual CPA membership fees covered, and all CPA PEP courses covered, including Capstones 1&2, and CFE
- Ability to take unpaid time off over and above vacation days to study for exams
- Exam writing days covered as paid time off
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2022 and for the 12th consecutive year. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.