At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. We are backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
We are steering the video industry by building the Enterprise RDK (eRDK) stack for Video and Broadband managed solutions for operators who want to securely deploy a next-generation experience and maintain control of their devices and data. We have a spectacular opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in London, Ontario to pioneer their career by not only integrating and qualifying the eRDK stack across a wide range of broadband and video devices but also enhancing the solution with cutting edge features, testing and deploying them with some of the leading Internet and Video service providers across the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who wields a robust appetite and tenacious grit for learning, building, and collaborating. Embarking on a journey alongside a widespread colony of about 2,200 employees, you are expected to collaborate with a plethora of teams from 3 Canadian offices, 4 US locations, and others all over the globe. Hence, strong communication and documentation skills are exceptionally vital in conquering new technologies and forging an infinite path with us.
- Operating within an Agile development environment, you will be responsible for designing and implementing microservices from requirements for production and commercial deployment. This will also include testing and debugging.
- Analyzing and enhancing the efficiency, stability, and scalability of microservices
- Integrating and validating new product designs
- Supporting software QA and post-production to optimize performance and stability
- Assessing third-party and open-source software
Desired Skills and Experiences
Apply online here
- Bachelors or equivalent of Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of Professional Experience of Full Stack Development
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with cloud concepts (microservices), technologies, platform - Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Good knowledge of scripting/development languages (Python, Bash, etc) and networking concepts (TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Experience in development and troubleshooting on cloud platform
- Experience with data formats (JSON, YAML, XML), package management tools (NPM, Yarn), and Reference Design Kit (RDK-B and RDK-V)
- Experience with source management and DevOps tools (Git, GitOps, Jenkins, Grafana, Ansible, and JIRA
- Experience in both asynchronous and web socket connections to backend environments
- Experience using test-driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Familiar with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Comfortable using (CLI) command-line interfaces