Product and User Experience Designer
**This is a remote position located anywhere in Canada**
Who is a Product and User Experience Designer?
The Product and User Experience (UX) Designer will be part of the Digital & Media Team within our Technology & Innovation Department. The team is responsible for digital experience and strategy that have the opportunity to impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of Canadians, every single day.
This role sits at the intersection of User Experience and Product Design. The successful candidate will have experience designing engaging and revenue driving digital products, as well as the knowledge and background of what makes a consistent and frictionless User Experience. The Product and UX designer facilitates the design process from product concept and vision to world-class digital experience.
The Product and Designer UX will support and facilitate, through rough sketches and high fidelity prototypes, Digital Experiences across multiple web and mobile properties. They will champion Member centric design & design best practices, and help cultivate design thinking within the Technology & Innovation Department and wider organization.
What will you be doing?
- Create and present user-centric Product and UX deliverables (user interface designs, sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes) to stakeholders and teams
- Use research and analytics such as user interviews, product discovery, customer data, market analysis, journey maps and Member personas to facilitate the design process
- Work closely with internal departments and stakeholders to ensure designs and products meet company business goals, brand standards, accessibility guidelines and legal requirements
- Facilitate design workshops, persona development and member journey mapping sessions as well as developing storyboards, sketches/wireframes, and prototypes.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle from requirements definition through product delivery and support
- Plan and execute usability testing & stakeholder interviews to solicit feedback from external users and internal teams
- Provide support for enhancing existing products and services as required through the day-to-day operation of the business
- Work with both internal and external brand customers to ensure the technical feasibility of UX and Product designs
Do you have what it takes?
- College diploma or University degree in the field in Web Design, Graphic Design, Product Design or related field
- Consideration will be given to Product Design Bootcamps
- 3+ years of hands on UX or product design experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Affects, Acrobat
- Expert level skills of common XD software packages such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma etc
- Proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Framer, Proto.io, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Strong understanding of user-centric design principle, UX research methods, mobile and responsive design, inclusive design and WCAG accessibility standards
- Creative and innovative - keen eye for detail, consistency, typography and design trends
- Committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces social and environmental responsibility
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
APPLY NOW >>