Specialist/Engineer, Computer Modeling & Simulation
- Practice Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques and methodologies on IR&D and production projects
- Designing, testing, review and maintenance of Matlab/Simulink models for embedded control systems and C++ Code
- Transfer controls systems algorithms to rapid prototype controllers installed in vehicles
- Testing control systems in both virtual and physical manner
- Virtual testing requires development of VBA code, static analysis data and Simulink models for testing control systems
- Physical testing tasks utilize rapid prototype controllers (RPC) and tools to verify developed embedded control systems software on the hardware/vehicle.
- Creating test plans/procedures for vehicle level or subsystem level testing
- Supporting the processing and analysis of test data for verification of models
- Mentoring other engineers and developers in MBSE workflows and software/tools
- Perform vehicle dynamics simulations
- Create advanced controls system models to evaluate various controls algorithms and strategies for automotive systems
- Conduct research of new simulation techniques applicable to GDLS-C products
- Write technical reports, prepare technical information to support bid and proposal activities
- Support new product development with simulations and analyses
- Participate in R&D planning with technology development proposals
- Research new automotive technologies and evaluate their applicability to GDLS-C products
- University Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in computer modeling and simulation field
- Proficient with Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies and techniques
- Proficient with ADAMS,MATLAB/Simulink suite of tools and familiar with advanced CAE software packages
- Familiar with MBSE software (i.e. Matlab/Simulink, CAD, Enterprise Architect)
- Experience with software development - Familiarity with data types, syntax, and control structures.
- Familiar with workflow tools (i.e. Atlassian tools, Jira, Bitbutcket)
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of automotive and off-road vehicle design
- Knowledge of automotive controls systems and rapid prototype controllers
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & International) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Requirements for confined space
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) Designation
- Advanced Degree in Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle dynamics and control systems,
- Hands on integration and testing of Vetronic Systems / mechatronics devices.
- Experience in vehicle and subsystem testing, creating test plans/procedures and execution of vehicle/subsystem tests, experience in data collection, and processing.
- Understanding of Communication networks including CAN, J1939, and LIN.
- Experience coding with VBA
- A background and/or interest in vehicle dynamics, energy systems, and/or electronics
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.