Resolution Specialist (6 Month Temp to Perm)
Join our Winning Team as a Resolution Specialist (6 Month Temp to Perm)
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, our culture is strong and our team is connected!
As a Resolution Specialist, you will use your stellar research and analysis skills to support customers and improve the overall accuracy of CARFAX’s valued product, the CARFAX Report. Resolution Specialists assist customers from a centralized corporate center, serving more than 30,000 customers annually that are located throughout North America. As the Resolution Specialist, you serve as the customer’s primary point of contact with CARFAX and handle their case through to resolution.
This position is temporary for 6 months with the potential for full-time placement. It will be based in London, Ontario.
As a Resolution Specialist, you will:
- Conduct internal and external research and analysis to ensure requested changes to the data can be supported and/or should be made
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner through all media (phone, email, chat, etc.), communicating cordially and professionally with customers
- Manage assigned cases through to resolution by providing comprehensive customer service and defusing potentially escalating situations
- Work with internal customers and external data providers to verify data, including any and all supporting documentation
- Educate customers on CARFAX products, services, and vehicle history information, promoting their importance and value
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a customer-facing, professional environment or some equivalent combination of experience and education, including military experience
- Research and analytic experience with an emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand the customer’s point of view and complex issues and respond clearly to translate them into easily understood, clear messages for the customer
- Creative thinking and curiosity with the ability to make sound decisions based on substantiated evidence
- A sense of urgency and a passion for customer service, satisfaction and solutions
- To thrive in a fast paced environment where multitasking is the norm
- Experience working in a metrics-based role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.