Are you driven by great creative that makes a mark on the consumer? Do you dream about a variety of design and user experiences? Does your business-first mentality separate you from the pack? We’re looking for a full-time Creative Director with experience working with consumer brands and integrated marketing campaigns to join our team.
Reporting directly into the VP of Performance Marketing, a Creative Director at Arcane leads the conceptual and stylistic development of projects, keeping the “big picture” brand positioning in mind. The successful candidate should have a keen eye for emerging trends and a passion for motivating people and communicating ideas. Your presentation skills must be finely honed in order to sell clients on our concepts, while being open to collaboration and experimentation.
The Creative Director is expected to have a well-rounded skill set in all aspects and disciplines of design. A significant understanding of branding, creative strategy, UX/UI principles, and digital and traditional tactics is essential. As a solution-oriented design thinker, there should always be a focus on the client needs as outlined in the creative brief. The ability to interpret these needs creatively and coach, mentor, and lead the team to deliver superior solutions is key. The successful candidate will also be expected to possess a high degree of technical proficiency and understanding of the Adobe Suite and our creative tech stack.
Leading the Creative team from a conceptual and client-facing standpoint, it is up to the Creative Director to ensure all goals, results and objectives are met. Coaching members of the team to reach their fullest creative potential will be an integral part of this role, as well as cultivating and inspiring the team to produce transformational creative work.
Do you have a portfolio with an outstanding variety of creative work? Are you interested in developing new skills with new technologies? Can you understand the impact of design to engage audiences in today’s marketing landscape? If you answered ‘yes’, we need to talk.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership of Creative Department
- Facilitate and guide creative strategy at the organization, client and, squad level
- Foster a positive and productive work environment that places a premium on ideas, creativity and, innovation; encourage initiative and forward-thinking among team members
- Set a positive example for and help coach the Creative team on all aspects of the creative industry, including production, time management and industry best practices
- Responsible for the recruitment of new hires and interns, including reviewing applications, conducting interviews, selecting successful candidates and completing intern reviews
- Continuous knowledge sharing of industry updates, trends and best practices
- Conduct annual reviews and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to junior and senior team members
- Provide ongoing direction and guidance to ensure the creative objectives are met
- Facilitate and guide performance growth strategy (PGS)
- Inspire the team to try new things by leading by example
- Report on team performance to the VP of Performance Marketing on a regular and formal basis
- Search for opportunities that will allow each member to grow – This should align with PGS goals
- Act as a Creative team point of contact for the organization
- Ideation of creative concepts, providing creative direction to the team
- Review and approve completed work
- Responsible for quoting/estimating client projects, including specifications and costs. Working directly with accounts team to define creative scope of work
- Work with cross-functional teams to educate and familiarize with creative concepts and timeframes
- Actively support new business opportunities with documents, creative assets, and case studies
- Assist in managing projects, bringing a creative presence and awareness of the project expectations
- Coordinate and lead weekly creative team project planning meetings
- Provide Account Managers with strategy and rationale to support creative work.
- Presenting and pitching creative; communicating objectives, storytelling, rationale, technical nuances, all in support of best in class client experience
- Provide sound rationalizations of creative work to present to clients or help Account Managers in selling/upselling concepts and opportunities
- Support in ideation process once business is won
- Own, guide and manage projects from concept development to completion
- Client facing; Meeting with the client to ascertain needs. Present concepts, rationale and creative to clients when required.
- Providing a creative brief, mood board or working with an accounts team to build one where needed
- A clear vision of each project is required before beginning any work.
- Budgeting; creating budgets with the Accounts teams.
- Work collaboratively with Creative Team members to deliver projects on time, on budget.
- Monitoring creative team member’s work and workload to ensure balance and opportunities are given
- Quality Assurance and review to ensure objectives outlined in the brief are met
- Encourage and facilitate communication and collaboration with other departments and squads
- Develop creative concepts for integrated marketing campaigns
- Develop thoughtful and functional UI/UX solutions for Ecomm and High valued lead clients
- Remain abreast of trends in design and technology to ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of the Arcane brand
- 5-10 years experience in an agency environment is preferred
- This role requires the ability to encourage collaboration with others to find solutions
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new digital and creative trends & educate others
- Organizational, time management and leadership skills are essential to this role
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly to colleagues and clients in both verbal and written form
- Effectiveness at cross-team collaboration – including working with development and DM teams
- A combination of creativity, design, technology, passion and skill, with absolute drive to deliver solutions and execute projects to plan and on time
- The ability to produce unique creative concepts while taking into consideration budget and timelines
- Experience designing for digital marketing, social media, and websites with consideration for the user experience
- Creativity, organization, time management skills and leadership skills are important qualities for this job
- Good people skills extend from staff relations to interaction with outside suppliers and clients
- Good business etiquette, public speaking and presentation skills are therefore necessary
- This role requires the ability to delegate and encourage collaboration with others to find solutions as opposed to working in isolation
- As the director of the Creative Team, being able to establish a direction and then letting go for others to implement and learn is important
- An understanding of branding and applications is critical
We sincerely thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In 2011, Arcane started with a vision to shake up the broken advertising and marketing industry. Today, with a team of passionate digital marketers, we are delivering on our mission to change the reality of the marketing ‘spend’ from an expense line item to a predictable revenue generator.
We’ve built our team (located in London, Toronto, and Calgary) with individuals that share a passion for innovation and results. Our passion and dedication has led us to many early successes. Arcane is one of the fastest growing companies in North America:
- 2018 Google Americas Winners, Search Innovation Award
- Branham300 Top 250 list, 2018
- 41st in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 196 in Fast 500 in North America (2018)
- #135 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2018)
- 38th in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 ranking and 241 in Fast 500 in North America (2017)
- #41 in the GROWTH 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies (2017)
Evolve or perish, there is no other option. Arcane is the original digital-first agency. Our clients sell more.
Arcane welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We’re committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, persons of any gender identity or expressions, or any sexual orientation, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Arcane Digital Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and vows to make any necessary disability-related accommodations, upon request, throughout the entirety of the recruitment and selection process. Need support in your application? Just let us know.
Apply for This Job