StarTech.com is currently looking for one Product Specialist to join our Product Management team at our Corporate Office in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, the Product Specialist plays a key part in achievement of quarterly and annual targets by supporting the execution of our Product Strategy. The primary function of this role will be to support Product Managers.
This is an excellent opportunity for Business, IT, and Technology grads interested in working in a highly cross functional, fast paced environment. This role requires those with a background in or strong aptitude for technology and we encourage all those interested with strong business acumen, analytical, and critical thinking skills to apply.
In this role you will:
- Provide support to Product Managers assisting to develop and maintain the Product Roadmap in alignment with the Category Strategy targeting current and future customer/market needs.
- Work on projects and tasks as assigned to drive the product level launch process, working with cross functional teams to execute on all related deliverables (product information / content, packaging, marketing, forecasting, pricing) for both domestic and international markets).
- Influence decisions on strategy and tactics by analyzing the competitive landscape and their approach around the Product Assortment.
- Keep up to date on global IT technology and market trends in order to support the product life cycle and growing lines and revenue with new product introductions
- Support requests that come in from other departments (Sales, Technical Support) and work closely with our Customer Service Department and other areas to identify and determine corrective action for quality issues, escalating to the broader group as required.
- Represent StarTech.com at trade shows and customer visits related to assigned product portfolios as assigned.
- College or University Education in an area such as Business, Marketing, Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, IT and Technology, with courses in analytics, critical thinking and statistics being highly applicable
- 1-2 years of practical, relevant experience including either co-op terms or a professional role preferably in a busy, fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong skills in Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables) and comfort with PowerPoint
- Experience with Power BI or other data systems is an asset
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading a project or a team and knowledge of how to hold others accountable and manage timelines
- Ability to speak to people across all levels of an organization, lead by influence and communicate complex topics confidently and effectively
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time – a valid passport, or ability to procure one is required
How to Apply
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.