Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+?
- Competitive compensation package including benefits, group RRSP and incentive plan;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
We are looking for a Product Owner to assist our team to advance our enterprise software solution into the future to meet client expectations and maintain a competitive position in the insurance technology marketspace. The Product Owner must have a clear understanding of our product vision and requirements, and be able to articulate, communicate and convey these to both internal and external stakeholders.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Collaborate with other Product Owners, Business Analysts, Account Managers and other departments within Cognition+ to deliver the next generation Cognition+ insurance solution to our clients;
- Work within the Product Owner team, assist in defining and driving the product vision, product roadmap and assigned project goals while ensuring Stakeholders are informed.
- Acting as a member of the Product Owner Team, contribute to business outcomes and roadmap definition, define system roadmap required to meet business outcomes and create high quality features and user stories to deliver outcomes desired;
- Define project scope and maintain and edit Product backlog using input from Stakeholders, taking into consideration information included in epics, features, user stories, acceptance criteria, defects and bugs;
- Represent the client and act as the primary liaison between the client and the Team;
- Provide assistance and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to help ensure that the overall solution will meet the expectations of the client community and the marketplace;
- Provide assistance evaluating the product progress throughout the delivery process;
- Provide assistance as a product expert partnering with internal teams to remove obstacles that may impede delivery;
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement throughout the lifecycle;
- Be accountable to ensure backlog is executed through the lens and priorities of our clients including timelines, user experience, and release success metrics;
- Provide input and feedback to the product strategy in support of growth targets;
- Complete market research and competitive analyses to ensure we’re bringing the best product to market;
- Supporting the continuous improvement and documentation of our product and delivery processes; and
- Other duties as requested, discussed and agreed upon with the company.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Project Management or a related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of product owner/product manager experience;
- Demonstrated experience writing user stories and leading technical scoping meetings;
- Proven track record of execution and accountability;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with experience in client-facing situations;
- Ability to lead with influence, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and seniority levels;
- Business oriented with an ability to represent client needs;
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment, prioritizing work and facilitating scope changes;
- Demonstrated team player with strong listening and negotiation skills; and
- Experience in an Agile work environment.
Nice To Have
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.gocognition.com/join-us/
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
Apply for This Job