Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking an Assistant Controller who will complement our passion for advertising, technology and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Assistant Controller who is excited to be part of a passionate and growing team! Reporting to the Controller, this role will be responsible for the full cycle of accounting activities including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow, inventory, inventory, deferred revenue, payroll, government remittances, bank account and credit card reconciliations, and general financial reporting, etc. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years applicable experience.
If you have a passion for financial management and are looking to take the next step in your career with a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Controller with the financial management of multiple entities including preparation and review of monthly financial statements, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, internal controls, and process compliance
- Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, both individual and combined, providing reasoning for variances from budget
- Management of financial statement consolidation software and other internal systems
- Assist in the annual budgeting process
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and process improvement projects as needed
- Identify and communicate areas of concern and suggested process improvements (e.g., client profitability, utilization, over/under service, missing time, revenue risk and staffing plans)
- Apply analysis and judgment to solve complex problems
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- 2 years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (Quickbooks Online or similar) with strong Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills with a strong business acumen
- CPA or nearing completion of designation is considered an asset
- Experience in an agency setting is considered an asset
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position