Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We're Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Marketing Project Manager with a proven track record of executing, monitoring and optimizing a variety of digital projects.
The Marketing Project Manager is accountable for ensuring client accounts are managed efficiently and produce outcomes that contribute to Northern's overarching business goals. Extensive knowledge of eCommerce platforms and digital marketing across a variety of platforms will best support the incumbent in their role. The Marketing Project Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our portfolio of clients, as well as providing mentorship and coaching to fellow team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the design/development of new marketing projects, ongoing maintenance & enhancements, and/or ongoing marketing campaigns such as paid media, SEO, email marketing, etc.
- Manage overall project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders and clients on project status; and assess current or future client needs and priorities
- Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables and relay appropriate information to the applicable members of the leadership team
- Understand the short term and long term goals of your client(s) and drive the team towards the execution of those goals
- Provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems associated with the development and integration of ecommerce websites across various platforms; while using judgment within defined policies and company practices
- Foster and develop strong relationships with clients and the members of your team to efficiently and effectively execute on deliverables
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems and coordinate project teams consisting of functional area staff when necessary relative to the project scope and objectives
- Assign tasks, duties and responsibilities to project personnel and monitor performance
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Continually communicate the status of each assigned project to all project participants and stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- 5+ years' of relevant experience in the marketing industry.
- Undergraduate University Degree or College Diploma in a related field (eg. Business, Marketing, etc.)
- Experience in account management related to digital marketing.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in supervisory roles and leadership.
- Proven ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work.
- Understanding of various Digital Marketing tactics (eg. SEO, PPC, Social, Email, etc.).
- Knowledge of business concepts (eg. Sales funnels, ROI, Seasonality, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and work strategically, tactically, and operationally, independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, consensus building, time management, conflict resolution, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change.
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal colleagues and external clients at all levels of management.
- Detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, and various Google applications
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms with specific knowledge of Magento and Shopify considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of project management strategies as they relate to digital strategies.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position