Business Systems Analyst
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Montreal, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Individual Customer Technology (IC Tech) is an organization providing information technology solutions to Canada Life. In IC Tech, the Customer is at the centre of what we do.
Our IC Tech professionals make a significant contribution to the companies' business goals through the effective delivery of value-added services. These services include setting technology direction, project management, analysis, system architecture, software development and the provision of operational support services for our Individual Customer business unit.
The Business Systems Analyst maintains a “business perspective” through all phases of the problem resolution and systems enhancement. Business Systems Analyst work closely with the business and leadership to understand business needs, requirements and strategic opportunities. Working in a team environment, the Systems Analyst is responsible for:
- Representing the business’ requirements,
- Defining and designing the business functionality of the system,
- Ensuring that the system meets the defined business requirements;
- Understand and define a strategic vision for key systems based online of business, their needs, known risks and dependencies.
- Apply advanced knowledge to complex work and supports project, product and operations teams by sharing skills and mentoring. This role leads the work to implement solutions to complex problems, which may be independently or through leading or supporting the collaboration with other stakeholders.
What you will do
- Define and maintaining business architecture through conceptual business models
- Define business problems/opportunities, providing a clear definition and performing benefit analysis
- Perform business and systems analysis and design, articulating the logical design alternatives and recommending appropriate solutions
- Perform functional analysis and design, defining and documenting detailed business requirements
- Work with quality assurance team members to ensure adequate testing and validate that the system meets business needs/expectations
- Lead and orchestrate the overall analysis, scoping, estimating and planning for large or complex initiatives
- Lead the elicitation and validation of business requirements impacting multiple products using various methods, techniques and tools
- Lead and facilitates meetings, walkthroughs, workshops, and reviews of deliverables
- Contribute to training strategies and business implementation planning
- Develops and delivers training & support materials for affected stakeholders’
What you will bring
Apply for this job online
- Degree in related discipline (Commerce/Management Information Systems, Business Administration, etc.) or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, that is appropriate for the audience;
- Good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Experience in Wealth and/or Financial Industry would be an asset;
- Good understanding of business principles and experience with a broad range of different types of business functions;
- Understanding of general Technology project methodologies, processes and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem solving;
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service focus;
- Ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure;
- Effective planning and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of information technology
- Experience with OnBase would be an asset
- Experience and ability to understand and effectively work with legacy technologies and contribute as legacy applications evolve and are migrated to new platforms would be an asset