Canada Life’s Digital Hub – be apart of something awesome!
ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
We’re on a journey of transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing human-centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creatives and technologists, all working together to improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
As part of the continued growth within our Digital Hub, Canada Life is proactively seeking to build and foster a community of customer-driven individuals, with a passion for rapid delivery of value-driven solutions. If you are an experienced UX Designer or have an interest in our digital transformation, we encourage you to consider applying for our Future Opportunities here!
Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
As a UX Designer, you are an integral part of a team of passionate people who are transforming the design and product vision into seamless and engaging user experiences. You’ll support the strategic design of customer experience solutions throughout the entire design lifecycle. You’ll collaborate with business partners, scrum teams and other internal stakeholders to help turn business requirements, user needs and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
All members of our UX design teams can expect to spend part of their days:
- Creating and effectively presenting UX deliverables (flows, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, prototypes, etc.) to stakeholders and teams – you have a talent for making even the most complex concepts seem simple
- Assessing data from multiple sources (UX research, SEO, product requirements, tech constraints, analytics) and synthesizing it to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Empathizing with our users, and become an expert in their thoughts, needs, and behaviours through direct contact in the form of user interviews and usability tests
- Staying current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles and web technologies
- Working collaboratively with User Experience, Digital Customer Experience and Strategic Customer Marketing teams and act as an advocate for the user
- Being fully embedded in a product delivery team, embracing real-time collaboration
WHO YOU ARE
- A few years of professional experience in a UX or Interaction Design role and preferably some experience in a previous role where you have acted as the UX/UI project lead
- A demonstrable portfolio of work that exhibits your process for solving design problems
- Clear ability to simplify complex concepts and requirements in presentation, design and implementation
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Passionate about user experience and all things digital
- Previous experience conducting user research, and strong skills in UX writing are considered an asset
Discover your opportunity. Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.