Hive Media Group connects various audiences with satisfying, fun, and thought-provoking pieces of digital content. We’re driven by our desire to entertain and educate audiences interested in entertainment, parenting, pets, history, and everything in-between. Our team of writers and editors develop engaging content based on trending and general interest topics that match the demographics of our readers on various websites we own and operate. Writing, photo sourcing, fact-checking, and editing are all done in house by our talented staff. We work as a fully collaborative team, developing new story ideas and sometimes even co-authoring content.
Hive Media Group is looking for a qualified Content Manager to join our organic media content team that
services over 80 million followers on Facebook and are featured on various other social networks. Our
ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a team of editors and writers who work across multiple
content verticals, including but not limited to DIY, history, and self-improvement.The Content Manager will be a key stakeholder in furthering the brand identities and online presence for these verticals, and should be able to excel in a fast-paced digital environment without losing their meticulous attention to detail or missing deadlines.We’re looking for someone who is passionate about conceptualizing and executing content strategy, constantly improving our published works using content optimization, and above all isn’t afraid to dive into the content and get their hands dirty when the time calls for it.
*****This is a full-time, in-house position in London, Ontario (During COVID-19 we will be WFH
indefinitely, with plans to reopen the office in 2022-23) **Applicants must submit a cover
letter/resume with your application to be considered**
- Manage a team of 10+ writers and editors across numerous verticals.
- Professionally develop writers and editors on the team.
- Be the primary stakeholder for organic-driven content.
- Have an understanding of different types of content for each brand, with posts that will include listicles, narratives, quizzes, and other brand-specific articles.
- Take ownership of the content production and publishing strategies for a variety of brands.
- Establish and maintain editorial calendars for multiple brands.
- Adhere to content and brand guidelines, and update internal style guides as necessary for each brand.
- Revise published articles with new information.
- Work closely with the distribution team to understand the organic property needs.
- Work closely with team members and key stakeholders to brainstorm, collaborate, lead editorial initiatives, and seek resolutions to content-related questions or concerns.
- Ensure content production and standards are met across all brands.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, digital media environment.
Why Work for Hive Media?
- Have a strong interest in viral-type stories, breaking news, and web culture.
- Are deeply familiar with the content and analytics of various social media platforms, including,
- but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Reddit.
- Have 2+ years of content management experience in a professional setting.
- Have a solid understanding of SEO.
- Have an eye for attention-grabbing images.
- Have experience professionally developing those around you.
- Are extremely organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have experience editing using the AP Stylebook.
- Have an excellent command of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Have experience quickly and intuitively applying different voices and styles to appeal to a
- broad range of audiences.
- Understand the basics of copyright
- Are competent using Wordpress, Creator Studio, Google Sheets, and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Airtable is considered an asset.
- Competitive Wages
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan for Americans or Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) with company match for Canadians
- Paid Time Off
- Company Stock Options
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement, and connection
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.