About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to join the Finance team for a 20-month contract. This is a Hybrid role, located in London, Ontario. The employee will be required in office 2-3 times a week.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing financial reporting, cash flow reporting, sales commissions, billing review, ad-hoc financial analysis and contributing to enhancements of systems and internal controls at PSD Citywide Inc. (“PSD”). They ensure timely processing of monthly reconciliations and financial reporting, assisting in booking monthly entries and preparing the monthly financial reporting package. They also assist with the year-end review engagement and other year-end close responsibilities. The Senior Accountant also supports junior and senior team members, assisting with a variety of tasks when needed to meet deadlines.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Full cycle management of monthly financial reporting including the preparation of month end reconciliations and the financial reporting package with analysis (P&L, balance sheet with reconciliations, cash flow and divisional P&Ls)
- Coordinate and monitor the month-end close process
- Monitor cash flow daily, preparing recurring cash flow forecasting
- Assist with accounting of newly created US entity, including separate financial statements, intercompany accounting, billing, sales tax, etc.
- Support Controller with monthly consolidated financial statements (US and CAD entities)
- Perform monthly budget to actual analysis on the P&L, balance sheet & cash flow statement. Provide insights and recommendations to senior management
- Prepare monthly sales commission calculations and communicate with the sales team
- Review monthly customer invoicing and billing reconciliations prepared by Accounting Assistant. Assist with billing resolutions on an ad-hoc basis
- Review monthly visa reconciliations and employee expense submissions
- Review monthly journal entries done by the Accounting Assistant, providing any technical accounting guidance as needed
- Assist with management & bank reporting
- Contribute to existing financial system enhancements and to new system implementations (e.g., expense automation)
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in finance or accounting
- CPA designation is preferred but not mandatory
- 3-5 years of financial accounting experience in a similar role
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication skills; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail, and able to collaborate effectively with team members
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Experience working with US customers / operations is an asset.
- Hybrid mix between working in the London office and remote work at home (which includes sitting at a computer / desk for extended periods of time)
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We will let the candidates know if we will not be moving them to the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our P&C team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a virtual interview will meet with our Chief Financial Officer, a member of the P&C team, and the team lead. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD Citywide.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior developer for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our tech. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our developers to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD Citywide.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
PSD Citywide is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.