Senior Digital Marketing Strategist (SEO)
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing..
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Senior Search Engine Optimization Strategist who will complement our passion for digital marketing, technology, and performance-based results.
What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior SEO Strategist with a proven track record of executing, monitoring, and optimizing a variety of digital marketing projects. The Senior SEO Strategist is responsible for serving as a technical SEO subject matter expert on our Digital Marketing Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute SEO strategies, including keyword strategy, technical recommendations, and fulfilment of tactical strategies based on competitive analysis
- Conduct various types of research (eg. keyword research reports, website audits, content topic research, etc.)
- Further our clients’ online reach using data-driven, organic search engine optimization tactics
- Implement SEO best practices for new site builds and web migrations (eg. site structure, technical components)
- Research, write, and implement content for organic SEO success
- Measure, track, and report performance of SEO campaigns
- Monitor the impact of digital marketing campaigns to help enhance campaign performance
- Complete a variety of digital marketing tasks within target timelines and budgets
- Apply a strong understanding of web analytics tools to digital marketing projects
- Stay in the know of the latest and most advanced digital trends and eCommerce marketing tactics
- Make usability and conversion optimization recommendations
- Provide marketing support for website launch projects from the planning stage through to launch
- Coordinate with other team members and departments for tasks requiring additional support or cross-functional department involvement
- Effectively communicate needs, resolve conflicts, and execute the best possible solutions within the budget and timeline provided for projects
Knowledge, Education, and Experience Required
- 3-5 years’ SEO/organic search experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- A College diploma, University degree, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for digital marketing.
- Technical experience with XML sitemaps, robots.txt, canonicals, hreflang, schema, URL structure planning & redirects, etc.
- Applied practical knowledge of keyword research, link building, on-page optimization, ranking factors, and SEO audits
- Advanced knowledge and use of digital marketing tools (eg. Screaming Frog, Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, AWR Cloud, SEMrush, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc.)
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization, content marketing, and analytics
- Ability to analyze data and provide actionable recommendations
- Deep understanding of search intent and purchasing behaviour
- Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with developers to implement technical SEO elements
- Awesome Google Workspace skills
- Google Analytics certified
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid and organic search work together
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position