Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Manager/Supervisor
Diply - one of the largest social publishers around the globe - would love to hear from you! You might know us best from some of our social brands: Aunty Acid, Crafty, and Mommy Needs Vodka.
We are looking for a Product Manager to add to our team! Reporting to our Co-Founder & Chief Infrastructure Officer, you’ll be advancing our full product suite by bringing forward solutions to solve current gaps or launch future strategic initiatives.
We are looking for someone who is obsessed with product, understands the technology development process, is deeply focused on data and consumed by delivering products that exceed our stakeholders expectations.
You are tasked with ensuring the right voices are part of our product development process and that we are aligning corporate and functional strategies in our design, scope and project deliverables. It is key that the products we produce meet the needs of our stakeholders, so you bring a customer-first mindset to this role.
This job is…
- Being a key business driver for us; managing the product life-cycle from ideation to user journeys and all the way through to launch.
- Collaborating and working with almost everyone at Diply; all levels, many areas of expertise and most importantly with our Project, Design and Technology teams (on the daily!).
- Delivering product and driving strategic initiatives; a key contextual leader, aligning the product roadmap to our corporate strategic goals while weighing the ROI of our in-house resource capabilities with what’s available to buy in-market.
- Focused on learning and understanding our stakeholders' pain points; gaining buy-in is so important but we believe this starts with understanding. Listening to everyone in the business, asking questions and taking the time to understand before jumping into solutioning.. You are patient and a master at putting in the work to build real connections as well as the contextual business and product understanding.
- All about keeping a pulse on the market; constantly conducting research and establishing internal feedback loops to bring the right insight to the product planning process. You never settle and are always looking to new benchmarks, best practices or methodologies to try to meet the needs of our environment.
- Into the details and documentation; whether it is planning, process mapping or gathering requirements, this role is always documenting and iterating for the next time.
- Celebrating the wins (big and small); bringing the fun into the every-day grind. Recognizing achievements and celebrating when milestones are reached or products delivered.
This job is not…
- Waiting for someone to tell you what to do next; we expect you to act and get the ball rolling on things. We have a team that mobilizes quickly and we expect that with the right context, you will too!
- A cookie-cutter product role; we are dynamic and things are changing FAST. So this isn’t your typical product role with a perfect step-by step process (although we do have our guidelines we follow) every time. We are growing and shifting and moving the business and this function along with it. You need to thrive in this type of environment.
- A foot in the door; you are experienced and passionate about product. You’ve done this before and you want to put your experience to work (keeping in mind, we do things a little differently here).
So, what does success look like? It is pretty simple:
- Collaborative Ownership: Owning the results of each project’s success (alongside the Director of Project)
- Fostering Innovation: Maintaining and strengthening our innovation culture. Keep us learning, growing and challenging ourselves
- Deep Understanding: Intimately understanding the media asset creation and delivery process
- Product Committee: Supporting the management and coordination of the Product Committee’s tasks and career growth.
This is the right role for you if you…
- Have experience working with data and analytics;
- Can manage to the gap with a senior leadership team and nave a good foundation in leading a team;
- Are an excellent communicator, whether it be written or verbal;
- Have knowledge of product management tools and methodologies;
- Can adapt well and thrive under pressure;
- Love working cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment;
- Have an ability to balance the demands of multiple daily deadlines;
- Are very effective at change management; and
- Are willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work, i.e. translating strategy into plans and being the person who is actioning it too.
It would be an extra bonus if you also …
- Have 2+ years of proven experience in product management role, preferably in the media or digital marketing space;
- Have a post-secondary degree or diploma in data science, computer science, business or related field; and
- Have experience with website and social analytics tools and the ability to interpret and action insights into data-driven product strategies.
Compensation & Benefits
- This role will receive an annual salary with an annual variable pay target. The annual variable pay is based on company performance, as well as individual performance. You’ll have the opportunity to earn more than the target if you have strong performance.
- 100% paid employee and dependent health & dental premiums
- A remote-first approach to work with the right ability and opportunity to connect and work in-person when needed
- Learning and development opportunities as well as specific product professional development training
- Generous & inclusive leave policies
- Flexible time off policies
- Supportive culture designed to help you develop and grow
- A host of unique perks and fringe benefits
Does this sound like you? Amazing! Please submit a resumé and cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.