At RedIron you will work closely with our talented diverse teams to create quality innovative solutions for top Retailers in North America. It is our mission to create quality software products that will solve a retailer’s pain points, software that connects a Retailer to their Customers through making the retail store experience modern, effective, and enjoyable.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential. Cloud technology skills are key to this role.
This role is required to work out of our London Ontario office and candidates local to this area will be prioritized.
DevOps Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the DevOps team and Operations to test system integrity
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
For more information about RedIron, please visit our company website at www.redirontech.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. RedIron Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Five years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes required
- Experience with Terraform, AWS, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Bamboo/Jenkins, Jira, Git
- Experience with Linux OS, shell scripting
- Oracle Enterprise DB experience beneficial
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Cloud certifications are highly valued
Our employee benefits package will take effect after a 90 day probation period, including medical, dental, vision, 401k or RRSP matching.
Working from home or our London Ontario office the majority of the time, this position will require occasional travel within North America.