M & A Associate
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a data-driven online publishing company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring web properties, which allow us to build relationships with our readers, advertising partners and technology experts. We own and operate dozens of websites with highly verticalized content and use sophisticated technologies built in-house to deliver individualized experiences to our readers.
Hive Media Group is seeking a sharp, ambitious M&A Associate to join our team. The M&A Associate must be investigative and analytical by nature. We need someone who is a lifelong learner, adaptable, detail-oriented, and passionate about digital publishing. The ideal candidate should be seeking increased responsibility, will have a passion for learning, and a solid understanding of the digital publishing landscape. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking rapid career growth in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
*****This is a full-time, in-house position in London, Ontario (During COVID-19 we will be WFH indefinitely, with plans to reopen the office in 2022-23) **Applicants must submit a cover letter/resume with your application to be considered**
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent, self-motivated individual that has a passion for solving puzzles.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a habit of checking and double-checking any work before submitting it for review.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills who is able to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Team player with the ability to work across team functions to bring the best possible outcomes forward.
Why Work for Hive Media?
- Research and prospect new merger and acquisition targets
- Conduct research, gather information about target businesses, and liaise with cross functional teams to develop a prospect list.
- Initiate first contact with the identified business’ owners or executives with an offer for merger or acquisition
- Primary stakeholder in conducting assessments on a wide range of media businesses, inclusive of reviews of their operations, performance, and past activities in order to determine compatibility with our business model.
- The M&A Associate will also work closely with the senior M&A management narrowing down on the business’s approach to companies on the prospecting list with acquisition offers.
- Liaise with the operational department heads and finance department in ensuring that there is a seamless execution of merger and acquisition transactions.
- The M&A Associate plays an analytical role where they are in charge of overseeing and conducting daily meetings, reviews, metrics, and clear documentation of follow ups with prospective businesses.
- They will use CRM interaction tools such as Salesfrce and Salesloft to document all activities and interactions with the prospective businesses.
- M&A Associate will maintain and continue to develop detailed financial models and valuation analyses for all potential transactions and provide input into the preparation of technical reports for senior M&A management that effectively communicate all review findings.
- Competitive Wages
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan for Americans or Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) with company match for Canadians
- Paid Time Off
- Company Stock Options
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement, and connection
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.