Senior HR Business Partner
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As a Senior HR Business Partner at Digital Extremes you will play a pivotal role in nurturing our dynamic and creative workforce. You will be responsible for ensuring our teams remains inspired and motivated to produce exceptional gaming experiences. Your contributions will help shape the future of our company!
- HR Policy Development: Develop and maintain HR policies, ensuring they align with legal requirements and industry best practices. Keep policies updated and communicate changes to employees effectively.
- Employee Relations: Act as a point of contact for employees and managers, offering guidance on HR-related matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and performance management.
- Benefits Administration: Oversee and manage employee benefits programs, including health insurance, and wellness initiatives. Continuously assess and improve benefit offerings.
- Compliance: Stay current with employment laws and regulations, ensuring company compliance. Implement training and awareness programs to promote adherence to these laws.
- Leave Management: Manage and track various types of leave, such as sick leave, vacation, and family leave. Assist employees with leave requests and coordinate with the finance team on related matters.
- Administration: Handle administrative HR tasks, such as onboarding, offboarding, maintaining employee records, and managing HR systems and databases.
- Data Analysis: Evaluate HR metrics and trends to identify areas for improvement in HR practices, policies, and employee engagement.
- HR Projects: Lead and contribute to HR-related projects and initiatives, such as diversity and inclusion programs, employee engagement surveys, and talent development programs.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HR, with a focus on HR policies, administration, and benefits management.
- Must have at least 2 years of leadership experience
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Previous experience in the video game industry is a plus, but not required.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. Newer projects include the recently launched cross-platform MMORPG Wayfinder® (developed by Airship Syndicate & published by Digital Extremes), as well as the highly anticipated Soulframe®, an in-development open-world action-fantasy title.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last nine years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.